No announcement yet.

boxing boots

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boxing boots

hi guys i've just joined here and i'm not an unexperienced boxer but I got a few questions, apparently about boxing boots.

alright i'm a lightweight and i'm not a hard puncher so i must use my body weight when i'm punching.

I don't have boxing boots, so it's little bit hard to turn my feet when i'm throwing a hayemaker and so power punches.

the question is; would it make difference if I had boxing boots? Would I turn my feet easily? Has anybody had an experience like this? How effective are those?

In addition I'm dancer boxer; considering this, is it a must to have those boots for me?

You should get an opinion of a boxer who doesn't use boots.

Comment

Logically it should make a difference. Most training and/or running shoes are made to grip so you are met with resistance when you rotate your waist and shift your feet.

I train in some running shoes and this is the case with me. I can literally hear the grip on the bottom of the shoe rubbing up against the ground. You can train properly in a old pair of shoes if you wanted to, so some boots aren't just gonna magically make you better in all categories, but I assume that it is a step up from running shoes.
      Last edited by Biolink; 08-09-2011, 04:45 PM.

Comment

when i first started i brought my first pair of lonsdales £20 but it felt like heaven compared to my casual trainers, so much more lighter easier to move around in, buy a cheap pair you cant go wrong

Comment

thank you very much guys i'm gonna give a shot.

Comment

Working...
          X