No announcement yet.

Why do people rate Efe Ajagba so high?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Outlaw420 View Post
    Why do they even lie about their age though? I never understood the reason to do so. I'm just curious.
    To get the opportunity to make a living (Visa/Immigration/the younger the better in terms of sports), no promoter or football agent would sign them if they know their real age. Samuel peter was way older than his official age, so ajagba would be no different in my eye.

I went to school with a lot of them growing up and they use to confess to me their real age, their father's real age or their uncles who were born here.

Most of these 17 years footballer from africa (West, east and central especially) are more like 24/25 years.

Comment

Ajagba is VERY green but he has great potential , yes he’s slow and doesn’t move his head much but crazy head movement isn’t exactly necessary to become great when you are 6’6 ... see wlad klitschko ( not to compare him and efe besides that ) . I think there are a lot of exciting up and coming heavyweights and efe looks the part with his devestating power . Prospects with crazy power are always over hyped because of it . Although efe is very green I see a lot more than a ****ty journeyman like some are implying . Really good jab , body work . Composure . Size , he ya potential to be a fun heavyweight . Not sure yet where he will end up but I bet we see him in a few fun big fights . I don’t see why all the hate there have been many up and comers like ajagba some make it off their power and some don’t , the ones who did we remember the ones who didn’t most don’t ,can’t deny it isn’t exciting to see which one efe will become . With that power how couldn’t it be ?? If the guy can take a shot I think he will make some noise . Anyone who hates on a scenario like this doesn’t sound like a true fan of heavyweight boxing to me . Win lose , succeed or fail this will be fun to watch pan out .

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
        To get the opportunity to make a living (Visa/Immigration/the younger the better in terms of sports), no promoter or football agent would sign them if they know their real age. Samuel peter was way older than his official age, so ajagba would be no different in my eye.

I went to school with a lot of them growing up and they use to confess to me their real age, their father's real age or their uncles who were born here.

Most of these 17 years footballer from africa (West, east and central especially) are more like 24/25 years.
        Thanks for the info. The story about that 41 year old footballer was just pathetic. The **** was he thinking lol.

Comment

The dude has power and seems to be improving in every fight. The HW division is boring and he isn't. He also looks like a fighter. Seems natural to me that he's getting a major push by PBC.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
            Yeah, better than them. I think Hrgovic is just a little behind him but he's mid 20's, not 34.
            The guy came from and there’s no way in hell it’s his real age

Comment

All potential but no where near finished product.

Looks extremely easy with his power. Comes naturally to him.

Assuming he is mid 20s which I’ve got no reason to doubt, he could be really good

Comment

POWER?

This forum so Hateful DAMN! Efe is very early in his PRO CAREER regardless of his real age, I did hear he is older and is more closer to his fellow Nigerian Fighter Efe Apochi Age who is 31. Not sure if that is true or not but hey Chavez Jr said Canelo was older than the age he says in America too but who cares

Comment

He don't look 34 to me. He's not Ortiz or Gorman.

And all you need at HW is power & a couple other good attributes & you are right there in the top ten at HW.

He's definitely among the top HW prospects to keep your eye on.

Comment

He just needs to keep it that way. he is a prospect, no need to hurry. he should fight guys that are top 40 -50 now.

Comment

Yeah Ajagba is quite old, he needs to move fast. I believe he's like 6/7 years older than he says he is.
                      Last edited by Boksfan; 05-22-2019, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X