Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else lose interest in boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll always be a fan, but yeah, my interest has went down since GGG-Canelo. The lack of wars is rather disheartening. It's hard out there for a fight fan.

Comment

Maybe in America, but over here nah. You have football over here too but we still follow boxing vividly.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
        Just curious.

with NFL and NBA plus the MLB play offs I'm just like "eh"

I guess I only watch 'big fights now'

Anyone else?
        I'm the opposite these days. I'm "meh" when it comes to big fights because they are mainly hyped crap. I haven't seen a live "big" fight in years now. The only one I've seen in the last 2 years or so was AJ/Wlad as I was there, it was in the UK and luckily, it turned out to be an ATG encounter.

GGG/Canelo, Ward/Kov, Canelo/Cotto etc etc all threatened to burst into life but never did and almost always had the wrong decision.

I'd much rather watch the smaller shows where guys at or near world level actually want to prove a point.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
          I'm the opposite these days. I'm "meh" when it comes to big fights because they are mainly hyped crap. I haven't seen a live "big" fight in years now. The only one I've seen in the last 2 years or so was AJ/Wlad as I was there, it was in the UK and luckily, it turned out to be an ATG encounter.

GGG/Canelo, Ward/Kov, Canelo/Cotto etc etc all threatened to burst into life but never did and almost always had the wrong decision.

I'd much rather watch the smaller shows where guys at or near world level actually want to prove a point.
          You make a good point. The up and coming fighters tend to put on a better show, although the Trout vs Hurd fight was one of the better fights I have seen In quite some time.

Comment

Couldn't care less about NBA or MLB and NFL is a side sport for me, even more so now that Aaron Rodgers is out for the season.

I'll always watch a good Boxing match. There aren't enough hours in my day to keep on top of the sport, so I'd probably be considered a casual, but the CW WBSS is interesting me. Usyk is an awesome fighter. Rooting for him to win it all.

Wish Boxing was a little easier to follow though, that's about the only thing that hurts it all for me. ****ing impossible to keep on top of the sport if you ask me, too many fights, too many belts, too many divisions, too much of a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by b morph View Post
              My interest comes and goes.

Sometimes it becomes too much. Boxings a world sport. It's not a league like the NFL or NBA, but it's own wide open sport. That's a lot to take in. It doesn't help matters that with all the belts and 'lineal' champions, the moving between weights, trying to keep track of who called out who and who's signed with this promoter and that's why he can't fight this guy until he signs with that guy, it becomes nearly a full time job to follow this sport it feels like.

I can't follow everything related to the sport. I'll miss a lot. It doesn't help that not too many people follow boxing at all. Maybe 3 or 4 out of the 15 some odd people who I maintain contact with have a genuine interest in boxing to the point where I can have a boxing related conversation with them.

So when my friends want to do something, they don't want to watch boxing and I have a choice to make. Either watch boxing by myself, or hang out with a group of friends who I see maybe a few times a year. I either have to record the whole card, catch a replay if there is one, watch it on youtube if it's available, or I miss it. I'll usually just end up reading about it later.
              This pretty much.

Boxing can be too much if you try and really stay on top of things. I mean, really, even when I had no life for a little while, it was ****ing impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                Just curious.

with NFL and NBA plus the MLB play offs I'm just like "eh"

I guess I only watch 'big fights now'

Anyone else?
                I know what you mean. But for me I study from home and when the holidays ended I have to spend less time loafing about.

But in general, I used to watch boxing every week Friday and Saturday and the catchup shows midweek. Now like you say I will just read the results the next day, only watch the big fights.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  It is an addiction.

I am literally addicted to boxing and have been for a long long time now.
                  Yeah. I catch every fight live I can. Then watch and rewatch older ones. I sit down on the couch and turn on an old fight to watch like it's a movie.

Comment

Nah as invested as ever.

This year especially has been phenomenal.

Comment

Originally posted by Lopez_Boxing View Post
                      Yeah. I catch every fight live I can. Then watch and rewatch older ones. I sit down on the couch and turn on an old fight to watch like it's a movie.
                      Literally doing that right now

The thread questioning Henry Armstrong's greatness has me rewatching a bunch of his fights

Currently on his epic battle with Lou Ambers

Comment

Working...
                      X