Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Peter Fury: Tyson Should Make it Dogfight, Sap Wilder's Energy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
    If Fury wasn’t his size would he be a special fighter? Say a 5’ 10” Fury with his skillset at 154lbs? I get he’s mobile and some think he has great speed but If it wasn’t for the sizes of some of these super heavyweights I don’t see what is so special. We know Wilder has life changing power but he too takes advantage of that reach. So without size are Fury, Wilder, Joshua special as normal sized fighters?
    Special but not as special

Comment

Originally posted by vitali1999 View Post
      True. Fury already showed he takes Wilder's best shots in the first fight
      Just like Stiverne?

Comment

Idiotic

A dog fight with Wilder really Peter?

Comment

Originally posted by TheFrog View Post
          Just like Stiverne?
          IMO Fury took Wilder’s best shots much better than Stiverne, as he got up from them all. Wilder didn’t hit Stiverne with much in their first fight because he had a hand problem. In their rematch, he knocked Stiverne out in the first round.

But even Fury didn’t stay on his feet when taking Wilder’s best. Only man I’ve seen do that is Duhaupas. His chin is legend.

Comment

Just like Stiverne?
            Stiverne went the distance in the first fight. Stiverne in the rematch was a bum. One fight that was a draw in 3 years and flabby out of shape. I rest on your face. I mean I rest my case
            Last edited by vitali1999; 02-11-2020, 10:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Legends456 View Post
              IMO Fury took Wilder’s best shots much better than Stiverne, as he got up from them all. Wilder didn’t hit Stiverne with much in their first fight because he had a hand problem. In their rematch, he knocked Stiverne out in the first round.

But even Fury didn’t stay on his feet when taking Wilder’s best. Only man I’ve seen do that is Duhaupas. His chin is legend.
              I can agree with this. You are looking at it far more realistically than the guy I quoted. He's just blabbing and talking trash.

Comment

I can agree with this. You are looking at it far more realistically than the guy I quoted. He's just blabbing and talking trash.
                I wish people would check their emotions a bit when discussing boxing and look at things a bit more scientifically.

Wilder is, in my opinion, one of the hardest punchers in HW history, but it’s not true that everyone goes over like a bowling pin and stays down once he touches them. It’s possible to withstand a few of his shots, but it’s VERY unwise IMO.

Wilder is also a much better boxer IMO than people give him credit for. His footwork and timing and sense of the boxing “rhythm” are quite good, otherwise he wouldn’t be able to land so many great KO shots even though he punches hard.

I’ve said it before on here, but I believe the way to truly “beat” Wilder will first take someone to really throw off and disrupt his timing and sense and feel for the rhythm of the fight. Fury IMO did a decent job for most of their first fight, but either Fury faded at the end, or got too ****y, or perhaps Wilder just figured out his rhythm by then.

It would take a good boxer/puncher with excellent footwork and a granite chin to show him up. I’m not sure Fury’s the guy. I’d give him props if he can do it, but my gut feeling is Wilder stays unbeaten for a while yet, and then maybe someone like Usyk, DuBois, or Kownacki has his day (and his belt).

Comment

Originally posted by Legends456 View Post
                  I wish people would check their emotions a bit when discussing boxing and look at things a bit more scientifically.

Wilder is, in my opinion, one of the hardest punchers in HW history, but it’s not true that everyone goes over like a bowling pin and stays down once he touches them. It’s possible to withstand a few of his shots, but it’s VERY unwise IMO.

Wilder is also a much better boxer IMO than people give him credit for. His footwork and timing and sense of the boxing “rhythm” are quite good, otherwise he wouldn’t be able to land so many great KO shots even though he punches hard.

I’ve said it before on here, but I believe the way to truly “beat” Wilder will first take someone to really throw off and disrupt his timing and sense and feel for the rhythm of the fight. Fury IMO did a decent job for most of their first fight, but either Fury faded at the end, or got too ****y, or perhaps Wilder just figured out his rhythm by then.

It would take a good boxer/puncher with excellent footwork and a granite chin to show him up. I’m not sure Fury’s the guy. I’d give him props if he can do it, but my gut feeling is Wilder stays unbeaten for a while yet, and then maybe someone like Usyk, DuBois, or Kownacki has his day (and his belt).
                  Yep I agree with all of this. I am actually picking Fury to win but Wilder has a VERY real chance.

Personally I'm just very happy that heavyweight boxing has gotten so interesting over the last few years. This is exactly what the sport needs. I'd like to see Wilder win because I think his style makes for more exciting events down the road. Fury is a pretty fun guy too though so for me this fight is ultimately a no lose scenario.

Comment

I think that's a very good strategy. Fury is naturally heavier, bigger and physically stronger than the Bronze Bomber; So why shouldn't he use those strengths to his advantage?

He can make it a very physical and ugly fight with his size and weight while bullying and roughing Wilder up on the inside by constant leaning, grappling and body punching.

If the referee allows him to maul Deontay Wilder, then perhaps he can inevitably wear the much smaller man down and possibly even stopping him.

However, he won't go down without a fight. He has tons of heart as demonstrated in the first Luiz Ortiz fight and just like Evander Holyfield in his first fight with Riddick Bowe.

Comment

Originally posted by vitali1999 View Post
                      True. Fury already showed he takes Wilder's best shots in the first fight
                      That’s a complete misnomer. Watch it again very closely. He completely rolled with the punch. It wasn’t close to being flush. He then did what Tyson does; he acts and creates drama. He was definitely buzzed. Wilder’s best shot was to Brazeale. I guarantee you Wilder hits him with a shot like that and Fury isn’t waking up.

Comment

Working...
                      X