No announcement yet.

Stop gaining weight.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stop gaining weight.

I cant stop gaining weight, Put on 12- 13 pounds of muscle in the past year. I walk at 160. ~10% Bf. I'm well aware I can drop a few pounds of fat and get a bit leaner. But I'm dunno If I'll still get bigger, I don't want to, I wanna fight at welter. So yeah. Lower calorie intake, that's a start. Anyone have a similar problem?

Originally posted by Joachim View Post
    Put on 12- 13 pounds of muscle in the past year. Anyone have a similar problem?
    Yes.

Signed,

Thor.

Comment

Yeah I have a lot of problems with weight myself, I am 185 16% bf (skin caliper test) and I can balloon up pretty damn easily. I'm trying to cut to 175 for my fight next month, and 160 after that

Comment

If you're lifting weights in a manner that promotes hypertrophy, stop it. Personally I don't touch the weights but that's just me. I know they can be beneficial, but if they're causing you to gain muscle than they're not helping.

Comment

lower weights higher weights, sounds like your doing heavier weights with lower weights.

whats your routine like

Comment

oh can we get a pic please?

Comment

I do a TON of plyometrics, some weight lifting, but not all that much.
              My routine is different on days of the week, I have 2 harder days and two lighter days.

The lighter days start off with 3 -4 rounds Jump roping, Stretching. about 15 minutes of medicine balls drills, 5 rounds of shadow boxing, light plyo work, a few rounds of most of (running ladders, step ups, Lunges, moving around a stool and the bag for foot work, squat jumps, Up downs, Ect.) move to the heavy bag for 3 rounds, pad work for ~3 - 4 rounds. Then i finish with 200 pushups and 100 - 200 crunches or leg raises, either or, or mixed in between.

The heavy days are very similiar, Except there are sprints, and some weight lifting, Nothing heavy (40 pound military press, 50 pound squatting, 40 - 50 pounds benching, lot of reps.) The pushups are prob about 500 than 200, and they are mixed up, Plyometric push ups- close gripped ones, clap push ups ect. Then ending with a half hour or so of drill, Just slipping and catching with a partner, throwing back and fourth light light stuff. Then Ending with some sparring.

I run 3 / 4.6 / 6 miles a day, 4 - 5 days a week, Depending on how I feel.

160 is me walking around probably full and hydrated, a couple pounds less depending on the time of the day, and I can Drop to 147, (draining) I want to keep this weight, exactly, I just dont want to put any more on right now. I dont care if my Bf goes down another couple % and I put on some muscle, but i dont wanna weight any more.

Comment

Working...
              X