Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cottos New Trainer was the Difference tonight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cotto looked like a matador in there at times!

Comment

trainer definitely helped. . . he's the prototype for trainers in the future. . . there's about to be a huge paradigm shift in the school of sought out trainers; there is about to be a new guard of guys who evolve past the "old school" trainers like emanuel steward, ronnie shields, etc. . . even freddie roach WITHOUT ALEX ARIZA. . . Boxers are figuring out the importance of the scientific approaches, and taking on new strength and conditioning drills rather than just "hitting the bags and doing road work and ab-work." new strategies. . . just an overall different approach

diaz is like roach, ariza, and a nutritionist all in one. . . NEW SCHOOL to the core! scientific approach!

Comment

Originally posted by moochi View Post
        I'm not sure if I watched a different fight or not, but I never predicted Margarito to do well in this fight...he is a finished fighter. Therefore the only difference in this fight is that Cotto still has a couple years left of fighting whereas Margarito should have retired after the Pac fight. Margarito was clearly only in this fight for the $$$.

I was predicting Cotto to finish him off early, and therefore I'm not sure if Cotto is actually fully satisfied with the result - considering that Margarito was coming on late and if it wasn't for the eye, Cotto would have probably won a close decision with enduring a hard last three rounds.

I wasn't that impressed at all. Let's see in his next fight - if he fights a proper fighter. I can't remember the last A Grade fighter that Cotto fought, actually it was Pacquiao, since that its been average fights and just now a has been Margarito.
        if you cant remember what his last A grade was..then get the **** off this site!

Comment

Man he did a dam good job with Cotto. The way Cotto was turning marg making him run into the ropes was funny as hell. He also was pushing marg the f-ck back like he was a child. I was like WTF. He let dude know he could ruff him up if he wanted to.

Comment

Originally posted by Pugly! View Post
            trainer definitely helped. . . he's the prototype for trainers in the future. . . there's about to be a huge paradigm shift in the school of sought out trainers; there is about to be a new guard of guys who evolve past the "old school" trainers like emanuel steward, ronnie shields, etc. . . even freddie roach WITHOUT ALEX ARIZA. . . Boxers are figuring out the importance of the scientific approaches, and taking on new strength and conditioning drills rather than just "hitting the bags and doing road work and ab-work." new strategies. . . just an overall different approach

diaz is like roach, ariza, and a nutritionist all in one. . . NEW SCHOOL to the core! scientific approach!
            roach is overrated, without Ariza he'd be nothing; it's Ariza's conditioning workouts that got Khan and Pac through their latest fights

in barely 6 months with Cotto, Diaz corrected Miguel's mistakes from the 1st fight with Margarito. After 3 fights, Pac still can't beat a handicapped JMM - that says it all really

Comment

Originally posted by Dedication View Post
              roach is overrated, without Ariza he'd be nothing; it's Ariza's conditioning workouts that got Khan and Pac through their latest fights

in barely 6 months with Cotto, Diaz corrected Miguel's mistakes from the 1st fight with Margarito. After 3 fights, Pac still can't beat a handicapped JMM - that says it all really

think you're still disrespecting marquez. . .

but i do agree, roach is slightly overrated, and he is part of the "old school" class of trainers. . .

this pedro diaz, understands boxing from so many different perspectives - from it's most basic core, to the scientific dynamics involved. . . he literally lives and breathes boxing. . guys like roach are stubborn and stuck in their ways, whereas diaz will make adjustments, and do actual RESEARCH, and then implement his findings in training camp. .. .

Comment

I think his time with Stewart probably added more than what Diaz gave in just 2 months. Manny got Cotto back to using the jab and throwing combinations and going back to the body, being the boxer puncher he is. I think Diaz's gameplan ,although worked, made the fight harder for Cotto than it had to be.

The things Diaz got Cotto to do that were right was turning and pivoting and getting off the ropes. He did tell Cotto to hold and control Margo by holding and walking him back, but not until later in the fight. But, I still think Cotto used much more energy and moving than he needed to. This is why some of the fight resembled exactly what he did in the first fight. I think Stewart would of kept Cotto from using so much energy moving so much around the ring. I think Stewart would of had Cotto control Margo more on the inside and use more body punching. yes he would of had Cotto stay off the ropes also, but he would of had Cotto use the center of the ring in a much tighter fashion, as Cotto would not to have to use the entire ring to get away from Margo. If you look at the Mayorga fight Cotto did not have to run so much as he kept tighter control of the middle of the ring and he went to the body more.
                I think his two fight with Manny built his confidence back up, worked on things he needed to work on and his fight with Mayorga was a perfect fight to prepare him for the Margo rematch. he worked on his jab, threw a lot of combinations, which is exactly what he did in this fight.

Comment

Working...
                X