No announcement yet.

The Untold Stories of Cus'Dmatto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Untold Stories of Cus'Dmatto

A friend of mine Alexandera who is up in the Catskillz is a granddaughter of Cus'D. She is in possesion of his diary or journal, and a lot of other stories and things about Cus.

They the Dmatto family has been trying to get them printed for years but publishers arn't really interested because Cus journal is not long enough to make a real book, and it is not really well written.

I got a chance to read them though, and would be glad to tell you about some of the things he said about mike, and training regimins and some personal **** if anyone is interested.

I will put a little bit up and just let me know if you want more.

Originally posted by joeboxer
    A friend of mine Alexandera who is up in the Catskillz is a granddaughter of Cus'D. She is in possesion of his diary or journal, and a lot of other stories and things about Cus.

They the Dmatto family has been trying to get them printed for years but publishers arn't really interested because Cus journal is not long enough to make a real book, and it is not really well written.

I got a chance to read them though, and would be glad to tell you about some of the things he said about mike, and training regimins and some personal **** if anyone is interested.

I will put a little bit up and just let me know if you want more.

for the love off god YES YES YES

Comment

Sports Illistrated once asked Cus who the meanest boxer he ever met or worked with was........

The answer was not Mike Tyson. Cus actually said Mike wouldn't even be in the top ten. He thought that Teddy Atlas was meaner than Mike, and Teddy was a *****.

The meanest boxer hands down, no contest, absolutly, was Floyd Patterson.

He said he would not be suprised to find out if Floyd killed somebody back in the day. Cus said that he remembered a time when Floyd was sparring somebody and hit them really hard in the stomach, the guy bent over and threw up, Floyd paused for a second then punched the guy in the back of the head. He knocked him out so that he fell right into the pile of his own vomit.

That sparring partner never came back by the way.

And Sports Illistrated didn't publish this interview because Cus refused to say that Mike was the meanest boxer ever.

Comment

Yo is there any other stories

Comment

Sports Illistrated once asked Cus who the meanest boxer he ever met or worked with was........

The answer was not Mike Tyson. Cus actually said Mike wouldn't even be in the top ten. He thought that Teddy Atlas was meaner than Mike, and Teddy was a *****.

He said he would not be suprised to find out if Floyd killed somebody back in the day. Cus said that he remembered a time when Floyd was sparring somebody and hit them really hard in the stomach, the guy bent over and threw up, Floyd paused for a second then punched the guy in the back of the head. He knocked him out so that he fell right into the pile of his own vomit.

And Sports Illistrated didn't publish this interview because Cus refused to say that Mike was the meanest boxer ever.
          wow, that patterson story is hard to believe.

Comment

That is hard to believe. Especially since Floyd was considered a "Gentleman's Champion" by the world. Similar to Tyson, however, Patterson grew up on the streets and probably had a rough background. This is just a surprising story seeing as how Floyd spoke often of being terrified in the ring.

Cus was known for working with ruffians.

Comment

go on man, post sum more stories, cos if this is al real and from cus's mouth this stuf is propa worth readin!

safe

Comment

Wow. I didn't know if anyone would like it.

Here is a kind of silly one. I am going to write it like Cus did, but so you know, this is from memory.

There is absolutly nothing to do in the Catskillzs. That's the point. There arn't no ladies up there. There arn't no drugs. There arn't no TV to watch or alchohol.

For fun guys would do pushups, or read the bible. Most of guys did pushups.

You have to make your own fun up in the Catskillz, that was something Mike Tyson got good at. Mike used to drink a couple of glasses of milk first thing in the morning before he went running. I told him not to do that because milk will clog your lungs.

He didn't believe me. We all got to talkin bout it and Rooney says to Mike "Lactose is allergic to ya, thats why you can't have so much of it" Mike said that he could drink a gallon if we let him. Rooney said that no one could drink a gallon of milk in an hour without throwing up, he said it was physically impossible.

Well a couple of days later I come downstairs, and Mike, Rooney, Tom and a couple of the other guys all have a gallon of milk in front of them. They are doing some sort of contest, trying to see who can get closest to drinking a gallon of milk in an hour without throwing up or going piss.

I was pissed cause that was all our milk for the whole week. Well I sat down and watched their little contest. About half way through everybody had thrown up or quit except for Mike and Tom.

It came down to the last seconds of the hour and Mike had two big chugs left, Tom was all finished just trying to keep it down. Mike pounds the milk at the last second, and says "Hey looks like we both win" then gets a look on his face all funny like, runs outside and throws up milk everywhere.

We all said "way to go Tom, you win" but he just sat there not saying anything.

"No i don't he finally said" and as he stood up we saw a big spot on his pants, where he had pissed himself. Nobody laughed for some reason, we all just felt real bad for him.

I was still mad that these kids drank all my milk for the week, so I made them eat Cheerios every morning, dry. They never played that game again.
                Last edited by joeboxer; 12-16-2005, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Man, that is great. I always got the impression that Patterson was one of the nicest, gentlest men to hold the heavyweight title. And the fact that he thought Tyson was a ***** just scares me. Who the hell out there can be much meaner than Mike?

Comment

That Tyson story is great. People who think that all Tyson was is a heartless, ruthless, bastard should read that and see that Mike could be a fun guy.

Comment

Working...
                    X