Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maidana destroys Alexander and could even break down Bradley.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PandaKilla View Post
    I know that Bradley is faster, but he coems in and doesn't get out. He goes to the inside and Maidana doesn't mind that at all.

Yes I realise that he does this a lot. This is the point where he will get tagged himself. Maidana has decent power on both hands, and since Bradley coems in, and often he has this loping right shot, like he used VS Abrugu, however Maidana uses both hands well and is not bad at countering.
    If Maidana is gonna do it, he's gonna have to block or parry then come back quickly with the counter, I don't see him doing that enough, unless of course the one or two times he does it has the force of a bomb.

IMO, as long as Bradley doesn't exchange he'd do well.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadows View Post
      If Maidana is gonna do it, he's gonna have to block or parry then come back quickly with the counter, I don't see him doing that enough, unless of course the one or two times he does it has the force of a bomb.

IMO, as long as Bradley doesn't exchange he'd do well.
      Yeah that is true, but from my point of view, Bradley can defintiely get dropped like how Holt did drop him.

People say Maidana hit Khan and is slow, but remember Bradley always gets hit too, and even by Holt. Now he got dropped twice, and I have no doubt that Maidana has mroe power than him.

When Ortiz came in, he always got tagged with shots that hurt. Defenseively he is worse than Bradley yes, but 12 rounds is a long fight unless Bradley can run.

Comment

Can you list me what he does that is smart?

I see Bradley using body movement, maybe a few feints etc... but I can't see him as smart.

I see him much like Shane Mosely, a brawler, with skills. Minus the power.

I consider inside fighters to be naturally more intelligent than guys that box on the outside or need room to use their power. Bradley does have that type of cagey style to make you do what he wants you to do. I can't point to anything specific, but it's like a lot of fighters that you see when you can't perfectly describe the intangibles. Suffice it to say though that they are there. He's a smart fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomislav III View Post
          Personally, I agree, but I still think that Bradley deserves to be considered on the top of the division. I think that he gets beaten by both Maidana and Khan - more Maidana than Khan due to the style - but he's done enough to deserve that respect, for me.
          Same here, Bradley is my number 1, but after watching a lot of fights of all of them, I really do appreicate Maidna more. He had a very close fight with Kotelnik, a lot better than Alexander had for sure and lost on the cards.

His right hand is faster than I thought, and good power on both hands. His footwork is limited, plodding a long, but much like Margarito, he breaks you down, and is pretty much always in range to throw at you. He doesn;t bounce around wasting energy or run into shots, but walks into them which hurt less.

Alexander showed me a lot of flaws. Too many for his style. He is too open and does not move a lot, and moves backwards into the ropes or corner where he is useless. In boxing we love power, and that made everyone think wow, he is the P4P nubmer 1 or 2, but Kotelnik exposed him.

Bradley is the best 140'er for now, has everything apart from power. His main flaw, he squares up when close and can get hit, although usually in the exchanges, which both get shots in, he has the higher output. For example in the Nate fight, he came forward and puts on the pressure, or in fact most of his fights. He does bounce around out of range, but generally will coem forward, and this is where his success is, and he doesn;t really tend to go back out, he will hold or get close etc...

Khan has no inside game and hates pressure. He is solid likie Bradley but his chin is still 'weak'. He will struggle to hold someone off if they are fast as him, but he is tall and long. Pressure is the key, and footwork has to be 100% on him all the time.

Comment

Can you list me what he does that is smart?

I see Bradley using body movement, maybe a few feints etc... but I can't see him as smart.

I see him much like Shane Mosely, a brawler, with skills. Minus the power.
            He's shown the ability in the past to adjust during a fight in order to take away his opponents strengths when he's had to and generally the plans that he follows. That's mainly it. The feints, head movement, upper body movement, jab, angles, etc are tools that he uses in order to win.

I think he's much more than a brawler. To me, Bradley is a well rounded fighter, he's not particularly great or flashy in any one certain area, but given the quality of opposition at 140, that can get him far. However, in the long run, I'm not sold on him doing well at higher weights. In fact, at this moment, I give Khan an edge against him.

Comment

actually Alexander has good footwork, the problem is that he doesn't switch things up and his movement can be a little too predictable at times

you talk about what Maidana can do to them offensively...but you left out his lack of defense and his lack of movement, the guy is not a hard target at all and that is were I think Alexander and Bradley gets him...WORK RATE!

OF COURSE Maidana could catch either one of them for the KO and end it early...he has that type of Power...but I could also see him swinging at Air and losing stamina, Maidana does have stamina issues late in fights so the longer the fight goes the better for his opponents

I think they Both UD Maidana, the BIGGEST advantage Alexander and Bradley have over Khan that would make a huge difference...is that both know how to Clinch and Cover Up defensively A LOT BETTER then Khan does, Khan wins that fight easier if he clinches Maidana instead of running backwards and leaning on the ropes and covering up, Maidana has a better chance against the younger Alexander then he does Bradley though
              Last edited by sicko; 01-30-2011, 07:43 PM.

Comment

I'm sure Bradley will not go straight in against Maidana he will box

more and decision Maidana but Alexander could get broken down

Comment

Yeah that is true, but from my point of view, Bradley can defintiely get dropped like how Holt did drop him.

People say Maidana hit Khan and is slow, but remember Bradley always gets hit too, and even by Holt. Now he got dropped twice, and I have no doubt that Maidana has mroe power than him.

When Ortiz came in, he always got tagged with shots that hurt. Defenseively he is worse than Bradley yes, but 12 rounds is a long fight unless Bradley can run.
                  I agree, absolutely. Like I said, just because I'm picking Bradley, doesn't me I don't think Maidana cannot hurt him or beat him.

Bradley gets hurt, sure, though I think he's been improving defensively. He's moving his head and upperbody more in order to slip shots and stepping out of his opponent's range.

I think ultimately here, you're expecting Bradley to just pressure, and I'm not.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomislav III View Post
                    I consider inside fighters to be naturally more intelligent than guys that box on the outside or need room to use their power. Bradley does have that type of cagey style to make you do what he wants you to do. I can't point to anything specific, but it's like a lot of fighters that you see when you can't perfectly describe the intangibles. Suffice it to say though that they are there. He's a smart fighter.
                    I call him a spoiler.

Calzaghe style in the sense he can put it on you and make you fight his fight. He will out work you, give him time and he can come in quick and get you. Fight on the inside, he will still outwork you.

A lot of it is to do with his workrate and strength when I see his success.

Maybe he is smart, but not smart, smart!

Pac is smart too, he does so much and does get hit, but for what he does, he gets hit very little. I would not say he is smart because it is voer shadowed by his ferocity.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadows View Post
                      I agree, absolutely. Like I said, just because I'm picking Bradley, doesn't me I don't think Maidana cannot hurt him or beat him.

Bradley gets hurt, sure, though I think he's been improving defensively. He's moving his head and upperbody more in order to slip shots and stepping out of his opponent's range.

I think ultimately here, you're expecting Bradley to just pressure, and I'm not.
                      Yeah I feel if he can fight like the Witter fight, bounce and pot shot, and hope Maidana doesn't put on the constant pressure, then he can win.

I just can't see anyone lasting 12 rounds if they are in his rnage for all of it.

Comment

Working...
                      X