Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Eubank Jr. Wants NO Excuses From Critics After Golovkin Loses

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sadiqkingofko View Post
    Golovkin is to slow imo i think Eubank Jr and Canelo beat him, possibly even Jacobs but obviously theres a huge chance i'm wrong but as a fighter I don't see anything special about Golovkin

Jacobs would be out cold as soon as GGG lands on that biscuit chin of his, just like Pirog did.

Plus, nobody can really say with a straight face that Canelo beats him when Saul "we don't **** about" Alvarez handed over his belt and ran to another weight division.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Kewl Hair View Post
      He means that many people think GGG is overrated, so if Eubank beats him those same people will say "oh he was just a bum anyway" - hence the excuses, instead of Eubank getting props for beating a beast
      Thanks! Right... Of course even if Golovkin wins those guys who say he's overrated will say the same thing... In fact, they seem to have little else to say.
      Last edited by Swatty; 07-02-2016, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
        Feel free to bet me all your points if you're not confident to bet real money. I mean the odds are amazing if you're sure Eubank wins.
        Since this isn't finalized yet, let's get it finalized at 160, let's make sure they walk through those ropes and CONFIRM this fight's happening. Too many false starts to date.

By the time Dre's music hits, I'll toss up a bet. No problem.

But if G tries to pull some 164 or whatever nonsense, no bet. That'd be a blatant duck.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
          Since this isn't finalized yet, let's get it finalized at 160, let's make sure they walk through those ropes and CONFIRM this fight's happening. Too many false starts to date.

By the time Dre's music hits, I'll toss up a bet. No problem.

But if G tries to pull some 164 or whatever nonsense, no bet. That'd be a blatant duck.
          Wtf? What fantasy land you living in these days? Still same one where Berto was outselling Ggg in Vegas? But yeah I'll happily that all your points anytime. We can do it now cause if this doesn't go down, it's not gonna be on Ggg.

Comment

Originally posted by b0x
            I'd leave that one out next time unless you predicted the robbery. Which is politics, not boxing.
            "No matter how you...cut it, slice it or dice it, he LOST to Timothy Bradley."
            -- Floyd Mayweather

It's a W. That's all that matters.

Originally posted by b0x
            Surviving is NOT 'doing so well'. Golovkin won every round. Not getting KO'ed is not 'doing well'. But he did do well to survive. Monroe did not do well to win rounds. The problem is if GGG didn't KO an opponent, people would believe they did well (as the KO is the norm), which isn't always the case.
            Go back and watch the HBO broadcast and listen to Jones.

Monroe had good head movement, a decent jab and was countering. He was taking G's shots very well in the center of the ring. He was attacking the body very well. His mistake was he kept backing up to the ropes like they all do for some stupid reason. All he had to do was ramp up the aggression and just go forward with it in the middle of the ring, outwork G and circle him. But he kept backing up. That's why he got handed. Not because of a skill difference, but because he let G intimidate and domesticate him.

I seriously believe that what happened against Blackwell can only do one of two things: make Eubank nervous or make him dangerous. We know he's got punch speed and we know he'll go to war if it suits him. Question is whether he'll get intimidated. I don't think he will. If he doesn't, he just has to outbox the guy over the distance. If he wins over the judges by sheer activity, he will win the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by b0x
              I'd leave that one out next time unless you predicted the robbery. Which is politics, not boxing.

Surviving is NOT 'doing so well'. Golovkin won every round. Not getting KO'ed is not 'doing well'. But he did do well to survive. Monroe did not do well to win rounds. The problem is if GGG didn't KO an opponent, people would believe they did well (as the KO is the norm), which isn't always the case.

Agreed. Which other power punchers have to land hundreds of their cleanest power shots on domestic opponents before they win (not by KO, but referee stoppage)? Also agree about the BJS fight in that he could have made BJS gas earlier if he put more pressure on. BJS has a bad gas tank. Eubank's is great.

Don't want to seem like I'm knocking you. You do know your stuff. Golovkin does typically follow that pattern. He does slay people on the ropes. But, I just think people make the mistake of thinking that someone is doing well against Golovkin just because they are not KO'ed. Willie monroe did not do well against Golovkin. I can see JR putting up a good fight if he does stick to moving but he will come undone later on in the fight. Movement is tiring. That's why BJS came undone later in the fight against JR.

Golovkin has only done what he has needed to do vs the opponents he has faced. He did well against movers in the amateurs, i.e. Dirrell didn't stay still for long at all and Golovkin still beat him in the Olympics. You would literally have to move better than mayweather for 12 rounds if you didn't want Golovkin to land as he is very effective at cutting off the ring. Another thing is that you always have to 'take it to the champion' in boxing. Which would not be a good idea for Eubank. I think Eubank may not look awful for the first 4-6 rounds. After that we will have to see how he responds to being hurt when Golovkin lands like this:

Right, if he had turned that over CEjr would have been down at least if not out, but we can see he didn't and although the punch clearly landed solid it ended a little slappy. That's the "beauty" of facing less than elite opposition, he had the luxury of taking that punch.
              Last edited by Swatty; 07-02-2016, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                Wtf? What fantasy land you living in these days? Still same one where Berto was outselling Ggg in Vegas? But yeah I'll happily that all your points anytime. We can do it now cause if this doesn't go down, it's not gonna be on Ggg.
                Fairly certain MayBert outsold anything G has done, but yeah. Don't come with excuses, Berto outsold. Deal with it.

Let the fight get signed, let's let G not do a Ward and ask for a weight class that doesn't make sense. Prove he's brave enough to face young Eubank after watching Eubank nearly kill a man in the ring.

When that happens...we'll bet.

Comment

triple g is a bum beater and has proven nothing. eubank has proven that he can talk the talk and can do the bidness

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
                    Fairly certain MayBert outsold anything G has done, but yeah. Don't come with excuses, Berto outsold. Deal with it.

Let the fight get signed, let's let G not do a Ward and ask for a weight class that doesn't make sense. Prove he's brave enough to face young Eubank after watching Eubank nearly kill a man in the ring.

When that happens...we'll bet.
                    Berto didn't outsell ****, Floyd sold every ticket. You were saying Berto was a bigger draw in Vegas than Ggg lol, as was every American fighter, right clueless?

And that killing in the ring again tells me you know **** about boxing. Those usually happen at lower levels, cumulative punishment over vulnerable opponents

Comment

GGG wants the WBO belt. The Eubank fight will get him ranked. Then all he has to do is offer a big purse to Avtandil Khurtsidze (the #1 mandatory for Saunders) and thereby jump the rankings to become Saunders mandatory. Saunders is now in the Canelo box - he fights GGG or vacates. So now he has #allthebelts. Time to move up.

Loeffler is smart enough to figure this out.

Comment

Working...
                      X