No announcement yet.

Why Heanrs so underrated

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Heanrs so underrated

Hearns was best long-range welterweight champion ever, had best right hand ever in welterweights and was great classic boxer with fast jab. Why people put so many guys in front of him? He almost beat Ray in first fight and beat him the second only to get gay draw from *** judges. He knocked Duran down 3 times last one an alltime great, who had only been down twice in over 80 fights. I think hes best welter after the two Rays. People put guys like Ross ahead of him simply coz they like old fighters better but Tommy would kick their ass easiy. He would also kick Tito's ass.

His Glass Jaw

Comment

Originally posted by jason power
      His Glass Jaw
      His Glass Jaw if he was best chinny fighter I have ever seen. My favourite fighter of all time u know why. Being a tall guy he could box his way to boring uniamous decision like Virgil Hill guys like that but he wanted to give the crowd excitement. I agree with the first post 3rd place after the two rays at Welterweight. Light-Middleweight I think he was unstoppable ask Duran. Not one fighter has been impressive scoring Kos after Kos like that against top fighters
      Rockin' Rockin' repsa repsa like this.

Comment

Hearns is overlooked by history because he was overshadowed by Ray Leonard and Marvin Hagler. In another era, he would've been dominant.

Comment

59 wins with only 4 legit losses, ya what a glass chin he had!!! he didnt have the best chin but he had the biggest heart in boxing! and the best non-heavy right hand in the history of the sport, just ask the 46 men he kayo'd
          Ivich Ivich likes this.

Comment

Hearns isn't underrated, he is rated just about right. In his two biggest bouts he was knocked out. He accomplished alot in his career,but Leonard and Hagler stole his thunder.
            Slugfester Slugfester Marcov Marcov like this.

Comment

Originally posted by marvdave
              Hearns isn't underrated, he is rated just about right. In his two biggest bouts he was knocked out. He accomplished alot in his career,but Leonard and Hagler stole his thunder.
              he had several big bouts, leonard 2, duran, hill,cuevas, but ya his two MEGA fights he came up short, he was still on his feet in leonard 1 though, i still wonder if he could have kayod hagler had he not broken his hand during round 1, probably same outcome but you never know. if he fought today he would be undefeated with all knockouts probably, hagler and leonard did steal his thunder

Comment

Originally posted by dansweeney
                he had several big bouts, leonard 2, duran, hill,cuevas, but ya his two MEGA fights he came up short, he was still on his feet in leonard 1 though, i still wonder if he could have kayod hagler had he not broken his hand during round 1, probably same outcome but you never know. if he fought today he would be undefeated with all knockouts probably, hagler and leonard did steal his thunder
                don't get me wrong, Tommy Hearns was an all time favorite of mine, but the two superfights will always define him and unjustly keep him out of the "all-time great" conversation. Two of my favorite fights were Leonard 2 becuase Tommy got his revenge and Hearns v Virgil Hill. I hated V. Hill and always thought he was overrated and protected as an Olympian. It was classic when Old Tommy Hearns moved up in weight and taught Hill a Boxing lesson

Comment

manny loves fighters with glass jaws, first hearns, and then lewis, now w.klit.

Comment

Who cares if he didnt have a great jaw Hearns was great.
                    Rockin' Rockin' likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X