Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guide To The Fabled One Arm Press-Up

Note:
    I did not write this guide it was taken of http://bodyweightculture.com/ a
    amazing site showing what true body weight can do and accomplish.

Credits to the site most credits to landon s for helping me so much in my time here and refering me to the site/

Ok lets go also if you don't under stand the exersize youtube it they
    show how to do them now lets do press-ups like rocky! Good Luck!

How to do a perfect one arm push up

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most of us who can do two dozens or so push ups will be able to do at least one single arm push up. This is fact that anyone can test. Just spread your legs half a mile out and allow your back to curve every which way lift and drop the opposite shoulder by amplitude of two feet. And somehow you will be able to do something that your none-physically active friends will believe is a single arm push ups.

They will throw a few wows, pat you on the back and tell their friends about how strong you are. They will also tell everyone not to mess with you or you will one arm push up them silly. As great as it all sounds, you yourself know that what you did was something very far from a true skill that you have tried to portray.

Now, here is the question. Can someone do a model one arm push up? The answer is - Yes, someone can and with a little bit of practice it can be you. You just have to know what to practice and how.

We have put together a program which will get your one arm push up polished up.
    Here is what you will be able to do after this program.

-Do a one arm push up with feet next to each other.
    -Do a one arm push up without lifting or dropping the opposite shoulder. In other words your chest and shoulders will be squared to the floor.
    -Keep your butt in one line with your body. Your posterior will not drop and rise throughout the movement. (i.e. you will do a perfect push up, but instead of using two arms, you will use one.)

So, Let’s begin…

First requirement: Triceps Strength.

Start with 3 maximum sets of close grip push ups. Don’t go further until each of your sets is over 20 repetitions. Now begin 3 maximum sets of triangle push ups. Triangle push up is when you lift the inner border of the hands up and leave the outer border down. (i.e. the part of the hand which executes a chop stay down and the part which is the striking point for the ridge hand comes up.) Stay with this exercise until you are able to do 3 sets of over 20 repetitions each.

At the same time.

As you are working on the above skill, you need to train the shoulder and core stability.
    After you have finished the 3 maximum sets above, stay in the straight arm, close grip push up position. Bring your feet together and lift one arm out to the side, parallel to the floor and perpendicular to the body. The hand which is on the floor should stay under your chest.
    Hold this position for as long as possible and switch sides. Do three attempts on each side.

When you have mastered the above, then...

Second requirement: More Triceps Strength.

You will need a chair and a stack of books for this. Place your feet on the chair. Place your hands on the books. The books should be 3-6 inches from the floor. You hands are together as always. You need the books, don’t do this on the floor. Now as you lower yourself, make sure your body stays on the angle. Your face must touch the floor and your chest must touch your hands. It’s not possible without the books. Your head will hit the floor and your arms will not get a full range motion. So use the books. Stay with this exercise. We want 3 sets of at least 20 repetitions. Once you can do the flat hand version, do the triangle or semi knife hand version. Again 3 sets of at least 20 reps.

At the same time.

After you have finished the above sets, get into the close grip push up position. Hands and feet are close together. Lift your right arm straight out to the side. Left hand is on the floor and under your chest. Lift the left leg a few inches off the floor. Work on being able to hold each side in this position for 30 seconds. Once you can do 30 seconds you are ready for the next drill. Again- Left hand under the chest, left leg up, right arm out to the side. Drop your right knee to the floor and come back up. 3 sets of 50-75 reps on each side means you may be ready.

We are almost there. If you can do this, you in the 95th percentile of body weight masters.

Third requirement: Super strong triceps, and super durable shoulder stabilizers.

Don’t go there until you have mastered the above. Don’t, don’t, just don’t.

Alright, you were warned.

First you must understand what you will be doing here. Don’t get on the floor just yet. Place your left inner border of the left hand on the front of the right shoulder muscle. You should be looking ahead. Your chest should be squared forward. The palm of you left hand should be squared to your right. The back of your left hand should be squared to the left. Now take your right hand and place it next to the left hand. Your right palm is facing forward as does your chest. If you are to push forward from this position, you right hand would do a normal press, while your left hand would press with the outer border, from your right shoulder and forward.

Now get on the floor. Get into the pushup position and place your hands as explained above. You should do the push ups from here. Your left hand should press as much as possible. Your right hand should only assist. Do 3 sets on each side. As many reps as possible. Again the hand pushing with an edge should do most of the work. Keep at it until the edge of the hand is the only one pushing. At this point you will have more power in your triceps that many people have in their whole pushing mechanism. Your shoulder will acquire frontier strength as well.

Final requirement: Let it all come together.

If you thought the above was challenging you’re in for a surprise. You have not seen anything yet. This is the last preparation for the ultimate core, triceps and shoulder power that only a few have witnessed.

Alright get into the push up position. Hands together, feet together ( you feel as if you can hold this for hours) Ok, good so far. Place your right arm behind your back a piece of cake, right? Now, keeping only your left hand on the floor. Turn your body toward your arm. Your chest should be squared to your left. Your right shoulder should be facing the floor. Can you hold this position? If yes, great hold for as long as you can. 3 attempts on each side as previously. If not, then only turn the body as much as you have to. Until there is a complete 90 degree turn to one side.

If that’s not happening then do this. Turn the body as much as possible and than turn back. Do as many as you have to on each side, till with time you will make a complete turn. Following that hold the desired position.

Here is the deal. If you can do one good knife hand push up from the opposite shoulder and can hold the rotated position for at least 30 seconds, your one arm push up will wow even Olympic Gymnasts. Not to mention that you will have the shoulder and triceps strength of a well experienced weight lifter.

One more thing: Do your perfect one arm push ups on the outer (knife) border of your hand. By now you should know why.

Note:by smash ko

Thanks For Reading Don't Give Up On This!! Im Currently Doing And I Can Feel The Differnce In My Reps Keep Going And Good Luck!

Originally posted by smash ko View Post
    Note:
    I did not write this guide it was taken of http://bodyweightculture.com/ a
    amazing site showing what true body weight can do and accomplish.

Credits to the site most credits to landon s for helping me so much in my time here and refering me to the site/

Ok lets go also if you don't under stand the exersize youtube it they
    show how to do them now lets do press-ups like rocky! Good Luck!

How to do a perfect one arm push up

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most of us who can do two dozens or so push ups will be able to do at least one single arm push up. This is fact that anyone can test. Just spread your legs half a mile out and allow your back to curve every which way lift and drop the opposite shoulder by amplitude of two feet. And somehow you will be able to do something that your none-physically active friends will believe is a single arm push ups.

They will throw a few wows, pat you on the back and tell their friends about how strong you are. They will also tell everyone not to mess with you or you will one arm push up them silly. As great as it all sounds, you yourself know that what you did was something very far from a true skill that you have tried to portray.

Now, here is the question. Can someone do a model one arm push up? The answer is - Yes, someone can and with a little bit of practice it can be you. You just have to know what to practice and how.

We have put together a program which will get your one arm push up polished up.
    Here is what you will be able to do after this program.

-Do a one arm push up with feet next to each other.
    -Do a one arm push up without lifting or dropping the opposite shoulder. In other words your chest and shoulders will be squared to the floor.
    -Keep your butt in one line with your body. Your posterior will not drop and rise throughout the movement. (i.e. you will do a perfect push up, but instead of using two arms, you will use one.)

So, Let’s begin…

First requirement: Triceps Strength.

Start with 3 maximum sets of close grip push ups. Don’t go further until each of your sets is over 20 repetitions. Now begin 3 maximum sets of triangle push ups. Triangle push up is when you lift the inner border of the hands up and leave the outer border down. (i.e. the part of the hand which executes a chop stay down and the part which is the striking point for the ridge hand comes up.) Stay with this exercise until you are able to do 3 sets of over 20 repetitions each.

At the same time.

As you are working on the above skill, you need to train the shoulder and core stability.
    After you have finished the 3 maximum sets above, stay in the straight arm, close grip push up position. Bring your feet together and lift one arm out to the side, parallel to the floor and perpendicular to the body. The hand which is on the floor should stay under your chest.
    Hold this position for as long as possible and switch sides. Do three attempts on each side.

When you have mastered the above, then...

Second requirement: More Triceps Strength.

You will need a chair and a stack of books for this. Place your feet on the chair. Place your hands on the books. The books should be 3-6 inches from the floor. You hands are together as always. You need the books, don’t do this on the floor. Now as you lower yourself, make sure your body stays on the angle. Your face must touch the floor and your chest must touch your hands. It’s not possible without the books. Your head will hit the floor and your arms will not get a full range motion. So use the books. Stay with this exercise. We want 3 sets of at least 20 repetitions. Once you can do the flat hand version, do the triangle or semi knife hand version. Again 3 sets of at least 20 reps.

At the same time.

After you have finished the above sets, get into the close grip push up position. Hands and feet are close together. Lift your right arm straight out to the side. Left hand is on the floor and under your chest. Lift the left leg a few inches off the floor. Work on being able to hold each side in this position for 30 seconds. Once you can do 30 seconds you are ready for the next drill. Again- Left hand under the chest, left leg up, right arm out to the side. Drop your right knee to the floor and come back up. 3 sets of 50-75 reps on each side means you may be ready.

We are almost there. If you can do this, you in the 95th percentile of body weight masters.

Third requirement: Super strong triceps, and super durable shoulder stabilizers.

Don’t go there until you have mastered the above. Don’t, don’t, just don’t.

Alright, you were warned.

First you must understand what you will be doing here. Don’t get on the floor just yet. Place your left inner border of the left hand on the front of the right shoulder muscle. You should be looking ahead. Your chest should be squared forward. The palm of you left hand should be squared to your right. The back of your left hand should be squared to the left. Now take your right hand and place it next to the left hand. Your right palm is facing forward as does your chest. If you are to push forward from this position, you right hand would do a normal press, while your left hand would press with the outer border, from your right shoulder and forward.

Now get on the floor. Get into the pushup position and place your hands as explained above. You should do the push ups from here. Your left hand should press as much as possible. Your right hand should only assist. Do 3 sets on each side. As many reps as possible. Again the hand pushing with an edge should do most of the work. Keep at it until the edge of the hand is the only one pushing. At this point you will have more power in your triceps that many people have in their whole pushing mechanism. Your shoulder will acquire frontier strength as well.

Final requirement: Let it all come together.

If you thought the above was challenging you’re in for a surprise. You have not seen anything yet. This is the last preparation for the ultimate core, triceps and shoulder power that only a few have witnessed.

Alright get into the push up position. Hands together, feet together ( you feel as if you can hold this for hours) Ok, good so far. Place your right arm behind your back a piece of cake, right? Now, keeping only your left hand on the floor. Turn your body toward your arm. Your chest should be squared to your left. Your right shoulder should be facing the floor. Can you hold this position? If yes, great hold for as long as you can. 3 attempts on each side as previously. If not, then only turn the body as much as you have to. Until there is a complete 90 degree turn to one side.

If that’s not happening then do this. Turn the body as much as possible and than turn back. Do as many as you have to on each side, till with time you will make a complete turn. Following that hold the desired position.

Here is the deal. If you can do one good knife hand push up from the opposite shoulder and can hold the rotated position for at least 30 seconds, your one arm push up will wow even Olympic Gymnasts. Not to mention that you will have the shoulder and triceps strength of a well experienced weight lifter.

One more thing: Do your perfect one arm push ups on the outer (knife) border of your hand. By now you should know why.

Note:by smash ko

Thanks For Reading Don't Give Up On This!! Im Currently Doing And I Can Feel The Differnce In My Reps Keep Going And Good Luck!
    I can't spread my legs half a mile out without doing a perfect ballsack rip.

Comment

Personally Ive always been able to do one arm pushups but they were sloppy. What helped me clean up my form and keep the shoulders level was simply working my abs particularly the obliques by doing heavy twisting movements and rollouts and slowly doing 1-3 reps at random times with the best form I could manage. Just throwing that out there if anybody is trying what was posted and gets bored or stuck at a certain point when your trying to level your shoulders out.

Also you could check http://www.beastskills.com/tutorials.htm

Comment

i can do a few but this guide should help me clean that up

Comment

Of course you didn't write this guide, it contains full stops and commas.

Comment

nice one

Comment

Working...
            X