No announcement yet.

David Haye: "Vitali's a Nobody..."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
    Vitaly was infatuated with fighting Haye after the Wlad loss. Now Haye wants Vitaly but his fans say he's old and Vits should retire. Does anyone else see the double standards here in comparison to the Lewis-Vittles rematch debacle except one guy actually had his shot? Klit fans are a strange bunch indeed. If he doesn't fight Haye and retires good for him, he's earned it. But lets keep it real and give Lewis the same respect especially since he actually fought and beat Vits to begin with.
    Totally, I guess the difference is Vitali was an active HW before he fought Lewis, and continued fighting after their fight [Johnson etc].

After Wladimir, Haye ran into retirement. He should have tried to get the paper WBA belt off of Povetkin, so he could, at least, go into negotiations with some bargaining power.

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
      There is no quote - he does not once say Vitali is a nobody.

Comment

Haye looked like a Light-heavyweight in the jungle show. I wonder how he will do in regaining all that weight

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom.
          If old Vitali is a "nobody" than why is David Haye so obsessed with him?
          When did you become illiterate? Where does Haye say that?

Comment

why would you want to fight a nobody in the first place. david haye is looking dumber by the day, he is so desperate to get in the ring with someone 40 plus years of age. what is he trying to prove anyway? nothing changes the wlad fight and even if he wins so what the guy is 42 years old or somethin. i hope vitali does not fight him to be honest, let the guy earn his place

Comment

Read it and nowhere does he say Vitali is a nobody. Are you alright in the head?

Comment

I'm fine in the head and I'm not illiterate. How about you?

What does the headline quote Haye as having said?

I don't know how you missed it, it's bolded and in large print.
                Probably because, as a rational, logical and sensible human being, I understand that headlines are often paraphrases, summations or (get this) flat-out sensationalism to draw idiots in who are too geeked to read the rest of the article. There is no quote from Haye in that article saying that. But you didn't find that odd. Or maybe you just aren't so sharp.

Comment

Were you sharp enough to understand the headline is consistent with everything else Haye said? It a summation.

Like Haye, you consider Vitali a nobody, yet you seem to be obsessed with him. You post about Vitali more than any other fighter, just like Haye talks about him in every interview. Does that make you "a rational, logical and sensible human being" or someone who isn't right in the head?

A poster who is "a rational, logical and sensible human being" would rarely post about a boxer he considers to be nobody.
                  Lol @ you trying to divert this to me. How is it consistent with everything else he said when he never said that? Show me the quote in the article. You make me laugh.

Comment

He said he has fought a lot of nobodies, which is true.

Sensationalized headline? I am shocked....

Comment

If there's no progress in January, Haye might as well come out of his 'retirement' and fight one of the contenders; that way he could at least become a mandatory for Wladimir.

Heck, he should have thought about that earlier, and arranged a WBC final-eliminator before Arreola/Fury & co stole a march.

It's difficult to see how he'll stay relevant the longer this goes on...

Comment

Working...
                      X