Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lennox Lewis Vs Wladimir Klitschko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lennox is more versatile, so i would pick him to win, his inside game is way better, he actually worked in side and had an uppercut as well. wlad just holds when close but doesnt get in any work. Lewis opened up the cut on vitali with a punch on the inside while holding. That won him the fight.

wlad is such a slow starter that the good news is lewis has a lot of time to figure him out. wlad doesnt like pressure so he can try that but there is the risk he gets KOed himself if he isnt careful. But he can box with him the opening rounds and see how he does on the outside. wlad will just be jabbing away so at worst he will loose some close rounds and can try getting inside later.

Comment

Originally posted by chloelloyd View Post
      Prime Lewis vs Current Wlad, I will slightly favor Lennox in a boring as **** 12 round Split Decision.
      Current Wlad would not have allowed even a 6'5-6'6 245 Pound SHW like Lewis to engage. He would use his great boxing skills and chess match Lewis for 12 boring tactical rounds.
      Lewis would probably have landed a few more uppercuts and scored a few more points with the inside fighting.

Now a REAL match would be early 90's PRE MANNY STEWARD Lennox Lewis of the Razer Ruddock fight against the EARLY 2000'S Pre-Manny STEWARD Wladimir. Young Lewis and Young Wlad were both ultra reckless and threw non stop bombs. They had surreal one punch power and it would have been a great slug fest.

That would have been good, someone would be getting KTFO. they were so much more focused on offense before steward.

People *****ing about wlad either didnt watch boxing 12 years ago or forget easily that many of the exact same criticisms of wlad now people had for lewis then for fighting safety first. People act like he was as exciting as a young tyson but he held excessively and took his time waiting for the ko. Pre steward he was more willing to engage.

Comment

Lewis KO and quite easily, Wlad loses all his physical advantages and Lennox could fight inside unlike Wlad and has a much greater punch variety.

Steward has said he considers Lewis to be the more versatile fighter (but Wlad the harder puncher)

Comment

Lewis easy.
          but Wlad wouldn't fight Lewis, he would have Vitali fight him because Lewis is a hard puncher.

Comment

My Prediction:

Comment

For me it's 50:50 - maybe 55:45 for Lewis, but I am positive it wouldn't be easy at all for Lewis. Very good comparison of the two was given by Steward.

I think Lewis is more versatile fighter and much more knowledgeable when it comes to 'dirty' inside fighting - same how he fought against Vitali and Vitali wasn't really common to that - but again Wladimir is much more cautious and that might be the right way to fight against Lennox.

Now I do believe Wlad is a faster fighter and he does have slightly better foot work as well. He can punch harder, but his chin is worse than Lennox's.

Lennox would be in a great advantage if he comes inside but I am not very convinced he would manage to as Wlad made it to the perfection to avoid inside game.

I have TKO for Lennox in the early rounds or Wlad by close decision.

Comment

Good fight.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
                  lennox is more versatile, so i would pick him to win, his inside game is way better, he actually worked in side and had an uppercut as well. wlad just holds when close but doesnt get in any work. Lewis opened up the cut on vitali with a punch on the inside while holding. That won him the fight.

wlad is such a slow starter that the good news is lewis has a lot of time to figure him out. wlad doesnt like pressure so he can try that but there is the risk he gets KOed himself if he isnt careful. But he can box with him the opening rounds and see how he does on the outside. wlad will just be jabbing away so at worst he will loose some close rounds and can try getting inside later.

Good post. Nobody thinks Lennox's inside game is on par with Riddick Bowe or HOlyfield's, but this is comparing him with Wlad. In that regard we are talking about
                  Lewis with a 'decent' inside game vs Wlad with 'no' inside game.
                  Lewis actually did well on the inside against fellow super heavys.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
                    seeing as for the last 9 fights wlad has been trying to mimmic lewis, it would be a weird fight

however lewis has more punch range, his uppercut was deadly, which is one punch wlad could learn to use,

lewis was a lot faster...

so lewis

Completely disagree with that. He is neither faster at hand or foot.

Comment

Wladimir has the faster & better footwork, better jab, quicker hands and is flat-out better on the outside than any version of Lewis.

He hits harder than Lewis, Lewis has a slight chin advantage and a better inside game, better at slipping shots and a better counterpuncher.

I don't think there is a clear winner, either could put either ones lights out.

Way too many underestimate Wladimir IMO and many overrate Lewis. I think its a straight 50/50 shoot out where either guy could get their **** fcuked up early doors.

They'll draw comparisons from the Vitali vs Lewis fight which Vitali took on 10 days notice and Lewis was faded and quite out of shape. I've always felt Wladimir is by far the superior technician to his older brother and does everything better but take a shot.

Comment

Working...
                      X