Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Foreman's prediction for Tyson-Holyfield back in '91..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
    You say you're not a Tyson apologist, yet your preceding words do exactly that. And in the previous post before this you're rationalizing his hitting Norris clearly after the bell. It's hard not to draw conclusions based on that.
    I'm not rationalizing it. I agree with you in that it was Tyson's mistake for sure. I'm just saying that it's quite obvious it was not enough to seriously hurt Norris. No offense Scott, but why do you seem to almost always either misinterpret or disagree with what I post no matter what the topic?

Comment

Originally posted by TysonBomb View Post
      Tysons antics never had any impact on the outcome of his fights ... Holyfield went beyond Tyson's occasional elbowing or rough housing ... he literally used his head like a weapon ... he used it like his fists

Holyfield only "won" because of the headbutts

Tyson hurt him within the opening seconds of the first fight before Holyfield started cheating and was punishing him in the second match before he started his nonsense again
      I recently just watched that fight. He didnt win because of headbutts. Mike Tyson got his ass whipped fair and square.

Granted, he was definetly doing it, which is in no way right. And it was the combination of getting out classed fairly and not being able to do anything it plus the fact of the headbutting that got to Tyson frustrated enough to do what he did later.

I dont think Tyson should be held in smite, or insulted, **** happens and people make mistakes. But he in no way was winning the fights, especially not the first one.

And lets not forget Tyson tends to do his own dirty little tricks, tons of times he can be seen hitting deliberately after the bell.

Comment

Originally posted by Mintcar923 View Post
        I'm not rationalizing it. I agree with you in that it was Tyson's mistake for sure. I'm just saying that it's quite obvious it was not enough to seriously hurt Norris. No offense Scott, but why do you seem to almost always either misinterpret or disagree with what I post no matter what the topic?
        You are a good fan and seem like a nice person. I just disagree with a lot of your perspectives, some of which seem very naive to me. But sorry if it seemed personal. I'm not going to stop disagreeing, but I will make sure to keep it respectful like you do.

Comment

Originally posted by Layzie Kidd View Post
          I recently just watched that fight. He didnt win because of headbutts. Mike Tyson got his ass whipped fair and square.

Granted, he was definetly doing it, which is in no way right. And it was the combination of getting out classed fairly and not being able to do anything it plus the fact of the headbutting that got to Tyson frustrated enough to do what he did later.

I dont think Tyson should be held in smite, or insulted, **** happens and people make mistakes. But he in no way was winning the fights, especially not the first one.

And lets not forget Tyson tends to do his own dirty little tricks, tons of times he can be seen hitting deliberately after the bell.
          Watch more carefully

Holyfield hurts Tyson in the 6th round with a huge headbutt which opens a cut near his eye.

Then again in the 7th round Holyfield headbutted him and this time Tyson was wobbled and he never recovered from that point forward. He actually cried out in pain from that headbutt.

Its the same theme throughout the whole first fight and the second.

But of course nothing was done about it because Tyson was portrayed as a villain and had everyone in the arena against him.
          Last edited by TysonBomb; 10-17-2012, 12:11 AM.

Comment

Tysons antics never had any impact on the outcome of his fights ... Holyfield went beyond Tyson's occasional elbowing or rough housing ... he literally used his head like a weapon ... he used it like his fists

Holyfield only "won" because of the headbutts

Tyson hurt him within the opening seconds of the first fight before Holyfield started cheating and was punishing him in the second match before he started his nonsense again

Amazing how blinding love is.

Holyfield got himself back into the first fight within a minute. It was after him firing back that your boy's ferocity got cut in half, which happened to him quite often when the opponent didn't "cooperate".

Really like how you saw Tyson "punishing" Holyfield in that second fight. Not sure how you saw it that way, but I assume it's the man crush- and that is funny stuff.

I know, Mike Tyson never actually lost a fight. He either let himself lose or the mean opponents fought too rough for him and had others conspire with them to get away with it. Everyone was always so mean to Mike. So, so mean.....

Comment

Originally posted by jabsRstiff View Post

Holyfield got himself back into the first fight within a minute. It was after him firing back that your boy's ferocity got cut in half, which happened to him quite often when the opponent didn't "cooperate".

Really like how you saw Tyson "punishing" Holyfield in that second fight. Not sure how you saw it that way, but I assume it's the man crush- and that is funny stuff.

I know, Mike Tyson never actually lost a fight. He either let himself lose or the mean opponents fought too rough for him and had others conspire with them to get away with it. Everyone was always so mean to Mike. So, so mean.....
              Got to love clouding the thought process :chuckle9:

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by jabsRstiff View Post

LOL Tyson was winning the round in the second fight when Holyfield started the "accidental" headbutts

Ironic isn't it?

He needed steroids, HGH and headbutts to "beat" a post prison past prime Mike Tyson

And yeah whenever the opponent "doesn't cooperate" Tyson just forgets to fight completely and gets KOed out of the ring. I mean a child could beat Tyson if he simply "isn't scared" and "fights back".

The truth is the only time Holyfield had the advantage over him is when he started headbutting.

Comment

Watch more carefully

Holyfield hurts Tyson in the 6th round with a huge headbutt which opens a cut near his eye.

Then again in the 7th round Holyfield headbutted him and this time Tyson was wobbled and he never recovered from that point forward. He actually cried out in pain from that headbutt.

Its the same theme throughout the whole first fight and the second.

But of course nothing was done about it because Tyson was portrayed as a villain and had everyone in the arena against him.
                  Holyfield butted Tyson into a bolivian. Why the referee didn't enforce the rules was mindboggling. Maybe he felt that Tyson, forever the villain,was fair game. And why Tyson, forever the villain, didn't respond with a nutshot when it was so obvious that the ref would let anything pass, is just as mindboggling.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                    You are a good fan and seem like a nice person. I just disagree with a lot of your perspectives, some of which seem very naive to me. But sorry if it seemed personal. I'm not going to stop disagreeing, but I will make sure to keep it respectful like you do.
                    I guess we just happen to have different perspectives is what it is. I do appreciate the kind words. Having differences of opinion is what makes the world go round, I suppose...

Comment

Working...
                    X