Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do kats like DLH and more recently Oritz get hated on by they OWN people???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by willybullet View Post
    Funny thing is all the so-called "real Mexicans" posting on here are pochos too
    ...........i wonder if there is posters on here living in mexico.

Originally posted by BoxingScenery View Post

ortiz is borderline angelic

who else is cool enough to pull off a cum stain on their pants?

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingScenery View Post

ortiz is borderline angelic

who else is cool enough to pull off a cum stain on their pants?
      its a cloth thread

Comment

The Mexican community is very big on boxing. It is the second most popular sport in Mexico with no other sports in third even coming close. Therefore people have a more discriminate palate when it comes to fighters than other more casual populations.

The more casual fan would put DLH at the top 5 fighters of all time and they would have given Ortiz a real shot at beating mayweather. Therefore when we don't ride the bandwagon like that, people think they are getting hated on when in reality we just don't ride the bandwagon.

Did Ortiz get sucker punched? Yeah, but we know the rules and it was his failure. We aren't going to run around blaming Floyd for Ortiz' mistake. Only thing I would argue is that Cortez should have never been in the ring and should have been retired about 8+ years ago.

So we don't think DLH with his low activity rate selective fighting as impressive as the casual fan. Big woop. It's not hate.

There has been other Mexican-Americans which appear to get more love... but it isn't really more love as it is the fact that the right amount of fans are gavitating towards them instead of a disproportionate, maybe unwarranted amount.

I will say that on DLH my house was divided in terms of people who had him high up on their list of top fighters while not so high in others. Still with respect of him being a good fighter though, just NOT ALL HE WAS SOLD TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC TO BE.

It's not hate... it is disagreement with the mainstream bandwagon jumping media to the validity of their claims.

Comment

Originally posted by Battle*Hardened View Post
          its a cloth thread
          yeah...thanks for the first-hand insight

Comment

I'm Mexican, I hate neither. I like both.

Comment

Originally posted by .::|ULTIMATE|::. View Post
              The Mexican community is very big on boxing. It is the second most popular sport in Mexico with no other sports in third even coming close. Therefore people have a more discriminate palate when it comes to fighters than other more casual populations.

The more casual fan would put DLH at the top 5 fighters of all time and they would have given Ortiz a real shot at beating mayweather. Therefore when we don't ride the bandwagon like that, people think they are getting hated on when in reality we just don't ride the bandwagon.

Did Ortiz get sucker punched? Yeah, but we know the rules and it was his failure. We aren't going to run around blaming Floyd for Ortiz' mistake. Only thing I would argue is that Cortez should have never been in the ring and should have been retired about 8+ years ago.

So we don't think DLH with his low activity rate selective fighting as impressive as the casual fan. Big woop. It's not hate.

There has been other Mexican-Americans which appear to get more love... but it isn't really more love as it is the fact that the right amount of fans are gavitating towards them instead of a disproportionate, maybe unwarranted amount.

I will say that on DLH my house was divided in terms of people who had him high up on their list of top fighters while not so high in others. Still with respect of him being a good fighter though, just NOT ALL HE WAS SOLD TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC TO BE.

It's not hate... it is disagreement with the mainstream bandwagon jumping media to the validity of their claims.
              I partially agree. I am far from a casual fan, I live and breathe boxing, but I have DLH in my top 5. He wasn't the greatest, but he is one of my favorite, he sold the show, he was a great boxer, Mexican decent, a Californian, GREAT educated jab, and I just always liked his fundamentals and style. Who cares if he is not "Mexican" because he wasn't born there, raised there, or live there?
              He can claim whatever he wants and real fans will be supportive.

The way you seem to be skeptical on DLH not being everything he was sold to be, is exactly how most real boxing fans perceive Manny.

Ortiz is different entirely he hardly has anything in common with latin america, but again, he can claim what he wants. Either way it doesn't affect the boxer, The only thing that changes is the opinion of fans, and no real fan would use something as shallow as race or nationality to degrade a fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post
                ...........i wonder if there is posters on here living in mexico.
                Well, Being born and Raised and living in Mexico, I can tell you, Mexicans don't look at Mexican-Americans as real Mexicans. They are pochos, chicanos, but not 100% Mexican.
                Marquez said it best when he fought Diaz...

Comment

Originally posted by cornholioda3rd View Post
                  Well, Being born and Raised and living in Mexico, I can tell you, Mexicans don't look at Mexican-Americans as real Mexicans. They are pochos, chicanos, but not 100% Mexican.
                  I too was born and raised in Mexico and I disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by cornholioda3rd View Post
                    what did Marquez say??? got linx?????

Comment

Working...
                    X