Gary Russell Jr willing to walk away from Al Haymon & sign with Top Rank

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gary Russell Jr willing to walk away from Al Haymon & sign with Top Rank

http://**********.com/100-Free-Agent...-Berchelt-next

Interesting. Looks like GRJ has put some thought into this. He is willing to do what Wilder wasn’t.

That being said I wouldn’t mind the move. Move up and fight Berchelt. If he beats him then he can unify with Ito and then move up for the loma rematch. Would be two of the three biggest fights of his career.

Even if he hung out at 126 for a bit he could unify with Valdez and fight Frampton. Lots of good options at espn for him.

I would say he has good options at pbc but mares and Santa Cruz have been there for years and he hasn’t been able to get them.

- -Gary jr?

Who he?

Comment

There seems to be a format now in how to publicly speak regarding a PBC fighters status. From what I recall, this sounds just like what Wilder said before he re-upped with PBC. It is a recruitment pitch to inception other non-PBC fighters to joining PBC. We will hear GRJ announce a lucrative Fox/Showtime/whatever PBC-fight deal.

Comment

He don’t fight Santa Cruz he fights bums Santa Cruz already beat. PBC be rotating their bums.

Comment

Santa Cruz first then leave.

Comment

Reading all this, how come Hearn and DAZN aren't swooping in to snatch up Russell? Russell would sign 10 fights for 5 million in total, same amount they were offering Davis for one fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Bundt View Post
              There seems to be a format now in how to publicly speak regarding a PBC fighters status. From what I recall, this sounds just like what Wilder said before he re-upped with PBC. It is a recruitment pitch to inception other non-PBC fighters to joining PBC. We will hear GRJ announce a lucrative Fox/Showtime/whatever PBC-fight deal.
              wilder basically used espn and then DAZN to drive up and force Haymon to pay him more. That could be what happens here too.

I mean he says he wants the big fights but a Leo Santa Cruz fight coulda happened 3-4 years ago and still hasn’t. Or Mares. Or Frampton when he was pbc or Selby etc.

Comment

DAZN getting ducked by Frampton and Russel Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
                  wilder basically used espn and then DAZN to drive up and force Haymon to pay him more. That could be what happens here too.

I mean he says he wants the big fights but a Leo Santa Cruz fight coulda happened 3-4 years ago and still hasn’t. Or Mares. Or Frampton when he was pbc or Selby etc.
                  yes hes making more than he used to but hes still making far less than he would have if he didnt duck joshua so i dont really understand his plan. not sure what haymons plan is either since guys that fight on regular showtime dont normally make 10 million a fight so wilder is playing haymon and haymon is playing showtime whose numbers have been horrible lately. im sure they are happy with all this

Comment

GRJ coming across as a bit of a ungrateful little f.ucker

There is no one else in the sport except Haymon that would put up Russell’s reluctance to fight more one once a year against almost exclusively against lower level fighters while still willing To give him good to great paydays and exposure.

Good luck if he can but what GRJ needs to do is fight Santa Cruz or anyone with a pulse at 126 instead of bumping his gums about getting better paydays he won’t get from anyone else

Comment

Working...
                    X