Then writing is on the wall for DAZN.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by muslimer12 View Post
    I’ll never understand why boxing fans want boxing networks to fail
    One has to go. I prefer this one since it's the least watched. Network Divisions cause fights not to be made. Easier for fights to be made if these fighters are split between only two networks

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
      Bro GGG and Canelo grossed $100 million...twice...when they fought lol
      And where is HBO boxing now?

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        The interviews I've read lately are not encouraging. They've stopped giving away big purses. Which is the main reason fighters came over there to fight. They're in a holding pattern. Not signing anymore fighters. They aren't spending money until the rights for the other 4 sports are up for bids in America. They have a great fall schedule but so far nobody is watching. GGG & Usyk numbers were embarrassingly low that's why they won't release the figures. They're mad the Joshua vs. Ruiz fight isn't in America and they don't expect those numbers to match the numbers of the first fight. The GGG vs. Canelo is past it's expiration date. A third fight would do well for DAZN but nowhere near what it would've done this past September. People who thought Canelo beat him the second time now think it won't be competitive after GGG's showing against Dervychenko. There is also a good possibility Canelo loses in two weeks and Sergey goes back to ESPN leaving DAZN with their #1 fighter beaten.

This is looking like HBO 2.0 to me.

I'm more disgusted that you have to buy a chicken enchilada pizza in order to get a free month of Dazn. Gross

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
          Netflix doesn't have combat sports boyo. Your analogy sucks.

Your reading comprehension sucks. Never said Netflix had combat sports. My point was that there are only a limited amount of entertainment dollars to go around and dazn isn't high on everyone's priorities.

Comment

And where is HBO boxing now?
            Yeah but they pretty clearly weren't put out of business by those two guys...they actually made them money lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
              Yeah but they pretty clearly weren't put out of business by those two guys...they actually made them money lol.
              Not enough to have them continue showing boxing.

Comment

Not enough to have them continue showing boxing.
                I mean that would clearly have had more to do with guys like Kovalev and Ward who never gave them any real returns at all.

Comment

Working...
                X