Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hopkins has lost alot of muscle since the Tarver fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dunno man, think Hopkins loses. Sorry Hopkins fans, but i genuinely feel at age 47 he is too old. There i said it...

I know he's done it before against younger fighters. But he's only getting older. Could be interesting.

Comment

I hope he loses as well. Not because of his age. But because of that B.S. stunt he pulled in his last fight with Dawson. Not only do I hope he loses, but I also hope he gets KTFO.

It's his just do for pulling such a pathetic display of cowardice.

Comment

Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
        so he came in looking like this on purpose??really?? i think father time may have finally caught up with the legend.if he loses i just hope it is by decision and not knockout.if he wins i will jump for joy cause it will be the greatest accomplishment in boxing history
        Will it really?

Comment

Originally posted by Street Disciple View Post
          People said the exact same thing before the Tarver, Pavlik and Pascal fights.

Its become very boring reading the exact same shlt every time B-Hop fights.
          As a huge Hopkins fan, I concur.

It seems everytime the guy gets ready to fight his other supposed "fans" begin posting stuff like this : He's old, he looks frail, etc... To get the excuses ready for the event of a ****ty performance. Then when he wins the same dudes are the first in line to praise him for his efforts and say they never had any doubts.

Hilarious.

The bottom line is this : Yes, the man is old as ****. Ancient in boxing terms. But it's his right to continue fighting if that's what he still desires. So if you're a fan, support the guy and enjoy the ****in' fight. But don't be half-assed about it.

WAR Hopkins. NO excuses.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            Will it really?
            a 47 year old defending the lineal title name a bigger feat

Comment

Henry Armstrong holding the FW, LW and WW Undisputed/Lineal titles simultaneously?

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post

It seems everytime the guy gets ready to fight his other supposed "fans" begin posting stuff like this : He's old, he looks frail, etc... To get the excuses ready for the event of a ****ty performance. Then when he wins the same dudes are the first in line to praise him for his efforts and say they never had any doubts.

Hilarious.

The bottom line is this : Yes, the man is old as ****. Ancient in boxing terms. But it's his right to continue fighting if that's what he still desires. So if you're a fan, support the guy and enjoy the ****in' fight. But don't be half-assed about it.

WAR Hopkins. NO excuses.
                I just re-watched the Pavlik, Tarver and Pascal fights about a fortnight ago and it reminded me that people were saying he was going to get outsped and outfought and retire after said bout for years.

Comment

It doesn't matter who the opponent is?

Off the top of my head;

Duran moving up two weight classes to beat Ray Leonard in his prime.

McLarnin starting his career at Flyweight and beating ATG WW's.

Bob Fitzsimmons winning the Lineal Middleweight Title, moving up to Heavyweight at less than 170 Lbs and winning the Lineal Heavyweight Title, moving back down to Light Heavyweight and winning the Lineal Light Heavyweight title.

These are just 3 that come in to the top of my head.

Hopkins defending his title at 47 is a great feat and Chad Dawson is a good fighter but it say it's the greatest feat in the history of Boxing is of course, absurd.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
                    Henry Armstrong holding the FW, LW and WW Undisputed/Lineal titles simultaneously?
                    That's a good example I somehow forgot.

There's a pretty long list.

Benitez beating HOF Cervantes for the Lineage at 140 at the age of 17 is another one.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post

Hilarious.

WAR Hopkins. NO excuses.

real fan...too bad Bad Chad will make you cry tonight....

Comment

Working...
                      X