"Rafa Benitez Never Talks To Liverpool Players" – Albert Riera

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [LMAO!] "Rafa Benitez Never Talks To Liverpool Players" – Albert Riera

By Rupert Fryer

Liverpool winger Albert Riera has launched a stinging attack on coach Rafa Benitez, revealing the Spaniard hardly talks to his players.

"In the two years I have been here he has never managed a situation with a player by talking to him. He thinks he is the boss and everyone else is deaf. The dialogue with the players is practically zero,” Riera told Radio Marca.

The former Espanyol man has found himself out of favour at Anfield recently and revealed that he is most upset at the lack of an explanation for his complete exclusion from the side.

“When you stop playing in this manner it must be something personal,” he continued. “If I'm doing something wrong and you are my boss, and you count on me, then why not come and tell me what I need to do to play? That's what really hurts.”

"[Fernando] Torres and [Pepe] Reina encourage me. They tell me that they know that if I play, I will do well. But a week goes by and then another and another and nothing has been achieved. There shouldn't be a lack of communication either, because I speak Spanish and my English isn't bad either.

Riera also expressed his surprise at how much of a difference the departures of Alvaro Arbeloa and Xabi Alonso have made to the club.

"It's unbelievable that two players have changed things this much."

Finally, the Spanish international said he would be surprised if Benitez became the coach of Real Madrid next season, saying he didn’t think Rafa’s brand of football would go down well in the Spanish capital.

"In Madrid, they ask you to play beautifully as well as win. I see this as the difficult thing. We have never played beautiful football - effective, yes - but we haven't displayed brilliant play,” he concluded.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/englan...s-albert-riera

I Don't understand why Liverpool haven't sacked this clown of a Coach......Benitez has been given too many chances
    Yes, He Should've Been Fired A While Ago
    75.00%
    No, I'm Delusional and He's Doing Just Fine
    0.00%
    Fukk Man United
    25.00%

If we get rid of Rafa, who else is there?

I don't know whether to back him or want him to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Mersey View Post
      If we get rid of Rafa, who else is there?

I don't know whether to back him or want him to go.
      i feel for Liverpool....even though i support Man City.....Gerrard is my favourite player and has been for 7 years......

Benitez has done jack all.....ok he won the Champions League and FA Cup....but liverpool want and need the Premier League Trophy.....he just doesn't know how to win the league......Guus Hiddink was a free agent but he signed with some Turkish team so you guys screwed up there

Comment

Liverpool cant sack him, they'd need to sell Torres just to afford it, or not bother with a new stadium.

Comment

Bad bad bad bad bad times

Comment

When he first started ****ing up I said they should give him a chance because i hate it when managers get sacked for losing a few games, anyone who can beat United 3 times in their past 3 meetings deserves to manage a big club. However, now it's getting beyond a joke and it's clear he is finally losing it and can't rescue his side made up of seasons of bad signings.

Unfortunatley for Liverpool it will cost them something like £16 mill to get rid of him and they don't have that kind of money to lose.

Comment

If Liverpool sack Rafa, they must pay him 4 years wages (£16,000,000) within 24 hours.

I'm guessing Liverpool fans can look forward to another couple of years with Rafa.

Comment

Liverpool should fire Benitez. I cant stand that guy. He never lets Babel play. Babel himself wanted Liverpool to lend him out to Ajax but Benitez didnt like that. Because of Benitez, Babel probably wont be playing in the World Cup now.

Comment

he needs to go and i dont like liverpool, he doesnt have a clue.

Comment

Originally posted by wazaa. View Post
                    Liverpool should fire Benitez. I cant stand that guy. He never lets Babel play. Babel himself wanted Liverpool to lend him out to Ajax but Benitez didnt like that. Because of Benitez, Babel probably wont be playing in the World Cup now.
                    Babel...

Babel is

Comment

Working...
                    X