No announcement yet.

update on lawler vs. iha

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• update on lawler vs. iha

i spoke with fabiano iha today. he wanted me to let you all know that he spoke with dana white and there will be a VERY good chance that he's gonna be squarin off with lawler in the ufc match in april '03. this should be ufc 42.

so throw out some opinions on how you all think this will go down.

Iha's stand up is ok from what I've seen.

It would be better to go quickly to the ground and for the armbar.

Comment

I dont think Iha wants to trade with Lawler, his best bet is to try to take it to the ground.......

Comment

I really dont think Lawler has to much striking skill, i mean Tiki was out striking him but he damb sure has ko power and alot of it, someone made a good post on sherdog about striking skill is diffrent then striking power, or somthing like that, and he listed damb good reasons about how Lawler doesent have good striking skill, but then again can ko anybody.

But yeah Iha should take his ass down.

Comment

since i haven;t seen Iha fight yet i think lawler might just take his head off.

give me some backround on IHA and if yo ucan some video PLEASE!

Comment

This will be a good test for Robbie. He should come out of it with a victory.

BTW, for thoses of you that say Tiki was beating Lawler until he landed that punch, so ****ing what? The match was 1 min old!

Comment

good points everyone. I cant wait.

Comment

so weird how the UFC is hyping lawler... I mean, I can see why they're doing it totally. IT's just that, they've had fighters come and leave that were truly top-caliber, and Lawler is just a KO monster but like others have said, he doesn't have as much skill as he does raw power. Meanwhile, guys like Bustamante and Barnett aren't hyped at all and then are let go.

Lawler has great takedown defense it seems and Iha, from what I can remember, isn't the greatest wrestler. I see another big KO coming from Lawler who is quickly becoming the "team formerly known as punishment killer" (has beat Tiki and will beat Iha).

Comment

Working...
                X