No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Schaefer Outlines 140 Tourney Plan, Ending With Khan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Schaefer Outlines 140 Tourney Plan, Ending With Khan

Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer has outlined an entire plan off attack for an internal mini-tournament of sorts with the biggest junior welterweights in his stable. In the first match, WBC/WBA champion Danny Garcia (25-0, 16KOs) would face Zab Judah (42-7, 29KOs) at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn on April 27th. The second leg of the tourney would see Lamont Peterson (31-1-1, 16KOs) defend his IBF title against Lucas Matthysse (33-2, 31KOs) on May 18th.

[Click Here To Read More]

Not a bad idea. There's a lot of talent in that division, and they need to start fighting each other.

Comment

I wonder if the over-all winner will be set up to fight Broner....

Comment

This is what I'm talking about right here, an awesome 140 tourney to declare the best fighter at that weight division. We will get to see the fights that we've been asking for that is if Garcia beats zab and Lucas beats Peterson. Who else would you guys have instead of Khan, hes one of the most exciting and talented fighter at the weight class.

Comment

It's a great plan, this also allows Khan room to improve.

Comment

This would have been the perfect time for Broner to get involved in the 140 division. He should fight Khan and then Garcia/Matthyse winner.

Comment

Great plan.....to protect Khan, the new Bute

Comment

Just one question.

How the **** is Khan deserving of the tournament winner when he's been KO'd twice and lost two of his last three?

Comment

As long as Khan fights Garcia, Matthysse or Peterson in the fall I'm good.

If he Bootays the tournament I wouldn't be cool with that.

Comment

sounds too good to be true.

Comment

Working...
                    X