No announcement yet.

News: PACQUIAO-BRADLEY DONE FOR JUNE 9

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
    I didn't mean PPV wise, more along the lines of how good the fight is.

Hatton was #8 P4P, unbeaten, had fought at 147 once before, prime. Bradley is #9 P4P, unbeaten, has fought at 147 once before, prime.

I do agree that a ton of people, including HBO and other boxing analysts on ESPN and HBO, were saying that Mayweather-Hatton was the most anticipated matchup between unbeaten Welterweights since Oscar-Felix.

But, if Manny beats Bradley, he gets as much credit as Floyd did for Hatton. And Floyd will get his due once he beats Cotto at 154. It was important for Floyd to get Cotto on his resume while he's still good, and it doesn't hurt that it's at 154.

Both are good by me.
    Yeah I agree. And I didn't mean PPV either, it'll prob do the same as May-Hatton, more or less, who knows. Maybe something like the Clottey fight.

What I thought we were talking about Mayweather-Hatton/DLH-Trinidad, was in terms of the craziness of the fans and the anticipation...it was insane, everybody and their grannys talking about DLH-Trinidad for the build up, o remember it like it was yesterday. Old ass people, women, casuals, it was just a big ass fight. Mayweather-Hatton was also huge with the Brits and Mayweather fans, that **** sold something like 2million PPVs in Sky If I remember correctly. The craziness in every boxing forum was out of line.

Bradley-Pac is a legit fight that will get a minor buzz with pretty good PPV numbers, but I don't think people will go crazy for it, cause the Pinoys have no competitionn in terms of fanbase. Who are they gonna flame with, Mathed? Who else, that's it, Bradley has like 5 fans on here. Not like the 1,000 *****s vs the 1,000 *******s, or the 50k Hatton fans that use to rome around here, or the Boricuas vs the Mexicans with their rivalry. But this is a good matchup on paper that should get all the hype it can get.

Comment

• Originally posted by DLT View Post
      he wasnt a tomato can. He was decorated. Its like saying Floyd or Benavidez are tomato cans in there 1st fights. They just dont have experince but to get the experince, they will put them in with much lesser fighters. Floyd also had alot of fights like that early but no one considered him a LW. He was a SFW
      LOL!! If Pacquiao fought Bradley in Tim's 10th fight he will be branded as a tomato can.

Comment

• Originally posted by DLT View Post
        Collazo was a better fighter than Senchenko all day. People on here were even wanting Floyd to fight him for a tuneup for Pac because he was a good Southpaw. Out on your feet is a lil much. He dropped Collazo and outworked him down the stretch. Bradley would have hell with Collazo at WW
        I'm not arguing whether or not Collazo is/was a better fighter than Senchenko. The point was that Hatton getting a title apparently meant he earned his striped. Senchenko has a title is that earning your stripes?

Hatton dropped Collazo in the first round. Did NOT outworked him. Arguably lost the damn fight. And, out of his feet is not a lil much at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chups View Post
          LOL!! If Pacquiao fought Bradley in Tim's 10th fight he will be branded as a tomato can.
          and your point is? He was a can then or atleast not that great which is why he got KO twice. Doesnt mean you wont be great later but stop acting like they were legit WW fights.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrRolltide91 View Post
            naw

pacquiao/bradley 1.5 mill ppv buys

mayweather/cotto 1.3 mill ppv buys

Pacquiao-Bradley won't even come close to that number, but it's a fan's fight. Mayweather-Cotto is more for the casuals.

Bradley and Peterson BOTH have a shot.

I've said it before, Pacquiao-Bradley vs Marquez-Peterson, it makes perfect sense. I'm amped, I've got to give Top Rank their due.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              Yeah I agree. And I didn't mean PPV either, it'll prob do the same as May-Hatton, more or less, who knows. Maybe something like the Clottey fight.

What I thought we were talking about Mayweather-Hatton/DLH-Trinidad, was in terms of the craziness of the fans and the anticipation...it was insane, everybody and their grannys talking about DLH-Trinidad for the build up, o remember it like it was yesterday. Old ass people, women, casuals, it was just a big ass fight. Mayweather-Hatton was also huge with the Brits and Mayweather fans, that **** sold something like 2million PPVs in Sky If I remember correctly. The craziness in every boxing forum was out of line.

Bradley-Pac is a legit fight that will get a minor buzz with pretty good PPV numbers, but I don't think people will go crazy for it, cause the Pinoys have no competitionn in terms of fanbase. Who are they gonna flame with, Mathed? Who else, that's it, Bradley has like 5 fans on here. Not like the 1,000 *****s vs the 1,000 *******s, or the 50k Hatton fans that use to rome around here, or the Boricuas vs the Mexicans with their rivalry. But this is a good matchup on paper that should get all the hype it can get.
              Me, Rome, Mathed, and Precision will get as loud as we can to make up for all those *******s though.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                I'm not arguing whether or not Collazo is/was a better fighter than Senchenko. The point was that Hatton getting a title apparently meant he earned his striped. Senchenko has a title is that earning your stripes?

Hatton dropped Collazo in the first round. Did NOT outworked him. Arguably lost the damn fight. And, out of his feet is not a lil much at all.
                he did outwork him in the last 2 rounds. Thats how he won the fight. Again, alot of people gave Hatton some crap for that but it was a very good win to me. Its never easy fighting a Southpaw, espically a huge & skilled one like Collazo. Not only that but you can tell that Hatton slept on him. He thought it was going to be a cake walk. He didnt have the proper mindset going in

Comment

• Originally posted by Chups View Post
                  What wrong with looking at boxrec to prove my point? Bradley is not new to welterweight is the point I'm trying to explain. And it's way better than Hatton's experience at Welter.
                  but thats the problem with boxrec..and when people rely on that for info.
                  he really didnt have 15 fights at welter...and he didnt face top oppositon at 147..Hatton faced better opposition at 147 than Bradley ever has.
                  hence why Hatton loss..if Hatton had faced the fighters Bradley faced at 147, he wouldve still been undefeated, but he faced Floyd Mayweather..

Timmy is not his best at 147..Im not saying this isnt a good fight. it is. but hes not as good at 147.

Comment

• **** Yeah!!! the fight I wanted other than Mayweather actually happened!!! Hell Chea!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by American Dream View Post
                      but thats the problem with boxrec..and when people rely on that for info.
                      he really didnt have 15 fights at welter...and he didnt face top oppositon at 147..Hatton faced better opposition at 147 than Bradley ever has.
                      hence why Hatton loss..if Hatton had faced the fighters Bradley faced at 147, he wouldve still been undefeated, but he faced Floyd Mayweather..

Timmy is not his best at 147..Im not saying this isnt a good fight. it is. but hes not as good at 147.
                      I agree with you when you say that Bradley is not at best at 147 but so does Hatton (even more). Like I posted...this is in par with Floyd-Hatton. That is all I'm saying.

This is the best match-up for Pacquiao if Floyd did not happen. Bradley is a young undefeated African American. What else can you ask for? This is way better than Pa-JMM4 and Pac-Cotto. Way better.

Comment

Working...
                      X