Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Chavez Jr. raise his stock last night???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    Chavez Jr. would kill Abraham IMO. He's so much bigger, he'd be on him messing him up all fight.

i actually love the idea of that fight. it could be fun.

i think chavez would learn a lot in that fight. he's never been in there with a puncher like that.

i think chavez consistency and those tiny extra dimensions he has when he moves around the ring would give him the edge

abraham is the biggest one trick pony in the sport
    but man can he punch. it doesnt even look like he should be able to hurt guys punching like that, but down they go.

dont ask me why (especially now that i know he's not as serious as he can be about his training with the DUI charge,)
    but i like junior. the kid is growing on me.
    it would be half fight half side show (considering the difference in size,) but i still want to see him fight canelo

Last edited by New England; 02-05-2012, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
      IMO he did ..... He's fighting better opponents, he's improving and he can be fan friendly at times.

very fan friendly

if rubio put his foot on the gas more he would have bonked him out of there

he hardly threw his right hand trying to protect that liver of his.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        i actually love the idea of that fight. it could be fun.

i think chavez would learn a lot in that fight. he's never been in there with a puncher like that.

i think chavez consistency and those tiny extra dimensions he has when he moves around the ring would give him the edge

abraham is the biggest one trick pony in the sport
        but man can he punch. it doesnt even look like he should be able to hurt guys punching like that, but down they go.

dont ask me why (especially now that i know he's not as serious as he can be about his training with the DUI charge,)
        but i like junior. the kid is growing on me.
        it would be half fight half side show (considering the difference in size,) but i still want to see him fight canelo

I think JCC Jr. and AA would be a good fight. AA can handle the height of JCC Jr, and JCC2 will get off by way of AAs high guard D, and low punch output.

I stopped looking for the "wow factor" in JC2 last night and just accepted the fact that he is going to be a solid fighter. I was able to enjoy watching him work more after I did so.

IDK bout JC2 and Canelo at any weight. IDK if Canelo can handle that type of length, coupled with decent movement. But I do like that fight at a CW of 165 in a couple of years.

Comment

I have to give Chavez Jr. some credit. He did fight someone who earned their to his title shot.
          I think the weight issue causes some concern when it's time to weigh in but when he rehydrates it can be a big advantage for him. Rubio has power and his punches but he was smothered and bullied by Chavez Jr. Rubio isn't intelligent enough to maximize his effectiveness. Seeing that fight gives me a better appreciation for skilled fighters. To me the headbanging was boring. Rubio should've tied up more and force the ref to break so he can get the distance he needed to land his shots. At close range Chavez had more power. I give Chavez credit.

Comment

Well Chief, I've always believed that Chavez jr is a better prospect than Canelo & I stand by that. I'm actually starting to believe that he may be top 5 at 160. He may give Martinez a run his money, that fat as$ ****er is just too damn big. I'd love him & Pirog to throw down.

Comment

I would like to see him in there with a fighter more skilled maybe a guy like Pavlik at 160 or 168 they are both promoted by Bob Arum so why not.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                very fan friendly

if rubio put his foot on the gas more he would have bonked him out of there

he hardly threw his right hand trying to protect that liver of his.
                JC2 was trowing some mean lefts to the body last night. I cant really blame Rubio for paying extra attention to his liver.

Comment

Yes he raised his stock but he looked much bigger than Rubio. Now there is no-one left to fight except his mandatory, Sergio. Unless he's gonna start calling out LMW's like Canelo or Vanes.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                    Well Chief, I've always believed that Chavez jr is a better prospect than Canelo & I stand by that. I'm actually starting to believe that he may be top 5 at 160. He may give Martinez a run his money, that fat as$ ****er is just too damn big. I'd love him & Pirog to throw down.
                    Now that Bushbaby my man, would be a VERY interesting fight. They are both round the same size, and I really like Pirog, he does pretty much everything well, not great but very well. Canelo really gives me the feel of a 2nd tier Mexican Cotto if you will. But He's still super young and has more than enough room to grow. I think Martinez's speed, and angles would give JCC2 some serious problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Ringlife View Post
                      I would like to see him in there with a fighter more skilled maybe a guy like Pavlik at 160 or 168 they are both promoted by Bob Arum so why not.
                      Nah. The Kelly Pavlik that we have now would get outclassed by JCC2 IMO. If Kelly would get himself together, THEN I would like the match up. But to me its starting to look like Kelly was a shooting star.

Comment

Working...
                      X