No announcement yet.

The no I won't quit attitude when training even with injuries

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The no I won't quit attitude when training even with injuries

Is that a bad attitude to have or a good one because its also pushing your body to the limit? Like, I have feet problems when jogging bottom of my feet start to hurt and I continue to jog still, and sometimes my left calve muscle starts to get in pain but I still continue to jog.

pain is the single most important message ur body sends u. the never quit 'tude is great but for me its all about perspective. i know my body better than ne1 and if something's wrong the last thing i want is to cause permanent damage. theres pain i soldier through and pain that makes me stop, i'm not proud to the point of idiocy

oh, and that foot pain is prolly caused by improper arch support

Comment

pain's just a part of the game. if you ever go into a fight injury free, you didn't train hard enough.

Comment

If its normal pain like say from lactic acid build up or other general soreness then that is one thing and just part of training hard.

But if you got some joint pain or something that doesnt seem normal, then stop until you can figure out what is going on. Its stupid to keep going if you are seriously hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by peewee1460 View Post
          pain's just a part of the game. if you ever go into a fight injury free, you didn't train hard enough.
          Congratulation. That is the most ******ed thing i read today.

Comment

Originally posted by Equilibrium View Post
            Congratulation. That is the most ******ed thing i read today.
            a ***** like you wouldnt understand this logic...peewee1460 is right, but ***** made ******* like you will never understand this

go cry to momma when you have a scraped knee

Comment

Originally posted by gratz_the_king View Post
              a ***** like you wouldnt understand this logic...peewee1460 is right, but ***** made ******* like you will never understand this

go cry to momma when you have a scraped knee
              ***** please, keep the internet tough guy **** for your online buddies. I train and spar harder than you ever will you little keyboard warrior.

Saying that if you don't injure yourself training means that you don't train hard enough is the most moronic thing i ever heard on this forum.

Injuries happen yes, you shouldn't let injuries stop you, yes. But thinking that injuring yourself means you have been training hard is ****ing stupid.

If you injure yourself it's either bad luck or it means you don't know how to train properly. The latter probably describing you best.

I'm talking about getting hurt here, no being sore. If you think being sore is an injurie you're a *****.
              Last edited by Equilibrium; 04-28-2009, 03:57 AM.

Comment

wtf getting injured doesnt neccessarily mean you trained hard, if anythign it usually means you have done something wrong in training

Comment

Originally posted by ACHlLLES View Post
                  Is that a bad attitude to have or a good one because its also pushing your body to the limit? Like, I have feet problems when jogging bottom of my feet start to hurt and I continue to jog still, and sometimes my left calve muscle starts to get in pain but I still continue to jog.
                  the shoes you are running in are probably not right for you.

http://www.roadrunnersports.com/rrs/...t/shoe-dog.jsp

http://running.zappos.com/content/ro...oadshoes.zhtml

having the right running shoes makes a HUGE difference in comfort.

most people go to their local running store (Road Runner Sports, Fleet Feet, etc.) [NOT footlocker, payless]), to get their foot type/gait analyzed by the salesman. usually they have you jog/run on a treadmill, with a camera to film the way your feet land. they can also have you walk on this pressure sensitive test pad that analyzes how much pressure is being put onto certain parts of your foot. next, they grab a few different brands of a specific type of running shoe, to have you try it on. this test process is usually 100% free.
                  Last edited by boxingsmash69; 04-28-2009, 05:52 AM.

Comment

mate last thing you want to do is end up with a serious injury. try givin it a rest for a couple days an then hook back in. if it gets worse see a doctor. your better off showing a little patience then ending up with something that could possibly put u out of action for a longtime. also if your calf muscle is hurting, try doing some stretches if u havent already, usually helps me.

Comment

Working...
                    X