Rich Franklin Moving Back 2 LHW?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rich Franklin Moving Back 2 LHW?

from fightline.com

Rich Franklin's manager Monte Cox recently appeared as a guest on MMAWeekly Radio. During the interview Cox revealed that his client is mulling a move from middleweight (185 lbs) to light heavyweight (205 lbs).
    "Rich has to make a decision," Cox told MMAWeekly Radio. "We've certainly considered going to 205 and seeing how he does up there. He's fought almost everybody in the 185-pound division. There are some guys that he could fight, but if he beats them it knocks them out of title contention. And nobody is looking to see Rich and Anderson Silva 3 right now, including me."

The light heavyweight division isn't new territory for the former two-time middleweight champion. In fact, Franklin fought in the division for the first half of his career, achieving notable wins against Marvin Eastman and Travis Fulton before losing to undefeated Lyoto Machida

There should be plenty of good fights at light heavy for him.

Comment

I think he had the most potential to beat Silva in that division but he couldn't get it done. I would rather see him stay Middleweight so a possible Henderson match will be made

Comment

i think he wouldnt last in the LHW's nowadays, too many big and better guys than him.

Comment

I wouldn't want to see him LHW also. The guys are big. He is experienced but MW fits him better but the problem is no one will want to see Franklin vs Silva 2 but it could happen

Comment

i think he has alot of potential at 205, alot of stand up fighters an wreslters there.
            Franklin has a decent sprawl and heavy hands, he'll fit in well at 205.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar-Mosley123 View Post
              I wouldn't want to see him LHW also. The guys are big. He is experienced but MW fits him better but the problem is no one will want to see Franklin vs Silva 2 but it could happen
              u mean franklin/silva 3

Comment

Ye my bad, I meant to say Franklin vs Silva 3. He lost his first two and I don't see him fighting him a 3rd time

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar-Mosley123 View Post
                  Thats why he needs to head for greener pastures at LHW. I think its a good move, especially cause there are a lot matchups at LHW. I don't think the weight will make too much of a difference, alot of guys fluctuate in weight.

I still want to see him fight Hendo though, either way.

Comment

Working...
                  X