Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Floyd fights and beats Cotto and Canelo: Ties Pacquiao for Lineal Titles?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
    All I see are people saying they're the top 2 at JMW and giving no actual reason why
    Ring Magazine have Cotto & Canelo #1 & 2...would that count?

http://******.craveonline.com/ratings/jr-middleweight

Comment

Th eonly way I want to see Floyd fight Canelo is if Canelo grabs a win or two over fighters like Cotto, Lara, Molina, Kirkland, Williams, Rodriguez, Rosado, etc. He has to do that before it's a legit and very good fight. Right now, it's an okay fight, C+/B- at the most.

If Floyd was smart, he'd for go Cotto in May and than Sergio in December. There's no way him and Pac fight in Late 2012. Floyd gets out of jail late July/early August, and Pac will want to fight in November. Pac will probably fight the winner of a potential Rios-Marquez fight in July, and will have that sight signed probably around the time Floyd's get out of jail.

Than, in 2013, go for Pacquiao and Khan (if Khan beats Peterson and than someone like the Berto-Ortiz II winner/Alexander/Guerrero).
      Last edited by 4Corners; 03-27-2012, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Atreyu Khalil View Post
        Ring Magazine have Cotto & Canelo #1 & 2...would that count?

http://******.craveonline.com/ratings/jr-middleweight
        For the Ring Title maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by Atreyu Khalil View Post
          he did?
          he sure did , just like floyd beating castillo for the lineage at 35... or did he?.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
            Sergio Martinez was stripped of the WBC title so what the fuk are you talking about? Do you even know?
            The WBC was being pretty dumb at that point so it's hard to keep track of what was vacated and stripped by them. Either way the 154 lb belt was left behind when Martinez fought Pavlik and stayed at Middleweight.

Comment

Originally posted by punchville View Post
              he sure did , just like floyd beating castillo for the lineage at 35... or did he?.
              Floyd beat him in the "IMMEDIATE" rematch convincingly anyway. He fought an immediate rematch against a prime Castillo, the best LW of his era. A lot of fighters don't do immediate rematches in close fights.

Comment

Originally posted by turbotime View Post
                The WBC was being pretty dumb at that point so it's hard to keep track of what was vacated and stripped by them. Either way the 154 lb belt was left behind when Martinez fought Pavlik and stayed at Middleweight.
                Yeah....the WBC belt. What does that have to do with the lineal championship?

Comment

Different things can happen from here on out. But, yea it would crown a ring champ. Now ring doesn't necessary mean lineal. It could very well be for a lineal though.

Even though I personally disagree with the rankings. I think Kirkland should be ranked #1 personally at 154. I think he has put in the most work in that division compared to the other fights. Most of that has to do with other fighters not doing a damn thing in that division. I think Molina and Lara should be rank ahead of Canelo. I personally have Alvarez at #5 at 154.

Also this is the problem I have with the ring rankings. They have Vanes Martirosyan at #3. How easily can Vanes move to #2 and Floyd would have to fight him for the ring title. Imagine that, Floyd vs Vanes for the ring vacant title.

Not sure what he has done for the Ring to rank him so high.

Comment

I think you mean The Ring title.

Comment

Originally posted by turbotime View Post
                      Sergio wasn't the lineal champ nor do I think he was the ring champ at 154.

I think the ring had him ranked #1 though.

There hasn't been a lineal champion at 154 since Winky....I also think he was the ring champ. Once he moved up to 160 the lineal title at 154 has been vacant.

Comment

Working...
                      X