Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by butterfly1964
    IMO marciano was top 15 not ten.
    IMO Marciano is top 5 easy.

Of modern Heavies I would say Rahman is overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by Hous
      yea thats pretty fair

Comment

wow, that's biased. i could name 5 hw's that was better. ali, holmes, louis, foreman, tyson and others.

Comment

Originally posted by butterfly1964
          wow, that's biased. i could name 5 hw's that was better. ali, holmes, louis, foreman, tyson and others.
          IMO
          Top 5
          Louis
          Ali
          Foreman
          Frazier
          Marciano

i guess Marciano could be put at 6 (thats where bert sugar had him)
          even though i'll always have Marciano at 1 I figure thats also pretty biased so I "revised it" With other fighters i feel accomplished great things

I feel Marciano would be put at 1 or 2 more easily had he faced better opposition and people saw his talent but what ifs will always be what ifs.
          Last edited by RockyMarcianofan00; 05-22-2006, 01:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RockyMarcianofan00
            IMO
            Top 5
            Louis
            Ali
            Foreman
            Frazier
            Marciano

i guess Marciano could be put at 6 (thats where bert sugar had him)
            even though i'll always have Marciano at 1 I figure thats also pretty biased so I "revised it" With other fighters i feel accomplished great things

I feel Marciano would be put at 1 or 2 more easily had he faced better opposition and people saw his talent but what ifs will always be what ifs.
            Yeah I wish he could of faced some better guys too because I am sure he would of knocked 'em the F out. He was good, top 10 for sure.

Comment

Marciano, i often see him at in positions 1, 2, 3. I can't see how that can be justified at all. I have no quarms with him at 5, 6 or anywhere later in the top 10. I like him alot and respect his ability but putting him in the top 3 is definately overrating him.

Mike Tyson. Everytime this man stepped up to a fighter willing to fight him, creating an enviroment of adversity he folded. This cannot be exscused especially when considering his 'greatness' relative to the other ATG's. My generation unfortunately tend to have him in the top 5, i have him at 10 and i think thats pretty damn fair.

Comment

I think Tyson is overrated by the general public, but underrated by alot of die-hard boxing fans. Of course, he has a lot of nuthuggers who claim to know alot about the sport, who also think he is invincible.

But basically - overrated by public, underrated by boxing historians etc., who give him no chance against some older fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Heckler
                  Marciano, i often see him at in positions 1, 2, 3. I can't see how that can be justified at all. I have no quarms with him at 5, 6 or anywhere later in the top 10. I like him alot and respect his ability but putting him in the top 3 is definately overrating him.

Mike Tyson. Everytime this man stepped up to a fighter willing to fight him, creating an enviroment of adversity he folded. This cannot be exscused especially when considering his 'greatness' relative to the other ATG's. My generation unfortunately tend to have him in the top 5, i have him at 10 and i think thats pretty damn fair.
                  Ruddock fought back HARD twice and gave Tyson a beating a couple of times. He came back to stop him and win *****. Frans Botha fought back HARD, Tyson came back to stop him. James Tillis, Mcneely, Ribalta...i can go on. They all fought back and Tyson beat them. When he lost, he lost to the better man, Tyson was better than Ruddock, he beat him even though he fought back. Douglass was better than Tyson that night etc.

Oh ya, most overrated HW's ever are jack Johnson and Sonny Liston.

Comment

Originally posted by Chum12788
                    Tyson. Mayweather Jr. is on his way to becoming most overrated.
                    mayweather is far from overrated.

Comment

rahman isnt the best technical fighter so yea he's overrated. i think his power is too.

Comment

Working...
                      X