Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ferdie Pacheco - "The Fight Doctor" - Passes Away at 89

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You youngins are waxing poetic if you watched him like I did you would know he was like Larry merchant a know nothing pretending he knew all he was a no talent got most fights wrong

Comment

May he Rest In Peace. He was a big part of Boxing.

Comment

he was not as much as he was made out to be he was a big hanger on in the elites with Allie scooping up dollars and at the end of his boxing career if you want to call it that he was giving interviews working on TV anything to scrounge money... to me he was not what he was proclaimed to be there were many far better than him that were unrecognized...

Comment

Originally posted by bronx7 View Post
          You youngins are waxing poetic if you watched him like I did you would know he was like Larry merchant a know nothing pretending he knew all he was a no talent got most fights wrong
          Wha a di.ckhead thing to say, especially cause you aint accomplished sh.it yourself. Go fcuk yaself douchebag.

R.I.P Ferdie

Comment

Originally posted by mrlopez View Post
            Wha a di.ckhead thing to say, especially cause you aint accomplished sh.it yourself. Go fcuk yaself douchebag.

R.I.P Ferdie
            Lol Ferdie was a legit doctor with a serious interest in boxing. He got to corner Ali for years, and only left when the champ wouldn’t listen to his advice to retire. Maybe he wasn’t the best, but he was a highly educated man who got to be a part of history.

RIP Dr. Pacheco

Comment

Ah the Internet. Where brainless nobodies can slag off boxing icons.

Rip dr Pacheco

Respect

Comment

Originally posted by bigjer88 View Post
                Unnecessarily brutal and merciless comments about Joe Frazier -- made me think the Fight Doctor suffered from dementia when he made them.
                Nah he was a bit of a weasel. A lot of folks don't know but he ran NBC boxing for a time during the 80's not only as an announcer but match maker. They say he was as crooked as British teeth.

Comment

R.I.P. Ferdie "The Fight Doctor"

A great person and a great commentator.

Comment

The truth hurts most of you didn’t follow his career he was a arrogant mean spirited blow hard he abused Frazier amongst others always had a agenda was a weasel

Comment

Originally posted by bigjer88 View Post
                      Unnecessarily brutal and merciless comments about Joe Frazier -- made me think the Fight Doctor suffered from dementia when he made them.
                      Yes when they made the doc on the Thrilla in Manilla and he said borderline racist comments about Frazier being dumb, I too thought this but I noticed his health was poor even then(close to ten years ago) as he was mumbling some words. Like all people that are walking this earth he had flaws, anyway RIP.....

Comment

Working...
                      X