Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Daily Bread Mailbag: Canelo, Joshua's Win, Crawford, Lopez, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boots Ennis is coming 147.

Comment

Originally posted by HarvardBlue View Post
      I think Chavez Sr would beat Pacquiao but it would be one hell of a fight.
      Prime vs prime between similarly sized greats.....Chavez, Pac, Duran, and Aaron Pryor. That would be one hell of a round Robin. My guess would be Duran.

Comment

Bread :- "But if my aunt had a penis, she would be my uncle."

Me > I'm not sure that's true anymore :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Brooklyn926 View Post
          Breads really good but I think he’s a fan of some of the stuff wilder says out the ring and supposedly stands for and superimposes it on wilders ability and calls him p4p. Wilder skills wouldn’t get him into the top 10 in any other weight class. The losing rounds will add up because any one who knows boxing knows you can’t knock everyone out and he has zero body punching ability and no defense. It’s actually disrespectful to fighters who have so much talent but don’t make as much noise. Like they say birds of a feather.
          that sounds disingenuous and racist

leaving that aside, I agree with you about Wilder. Look for huge KO artists in other divisions and there's always someone who can outbox them or out brutalize them. In fact, Wilder should have a loss because Fury won a minimum of 8 rounds and was up at the count of 9 in the 12th round.

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
            interesting. Being massively impressed by someone you also considered to be gun shy seems like a bit of an oxymoron. Ahh well.
            Yeah, I get it! He said he was impressed by his mental state, and his ability to stay with the plan, which was basically "don't get caught with anything, and keep him off you with the jab!" However he did come back and say that plan won't work vs. Fury or Wilder! It's not hypocrisy, but diplomacy! Lol!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
              He also said Joshua was "gun shy," and against Fury or Wilder, he would "have to abandon the restraint..." and "fight like an animal." Good stuff! Should've kept reading!
              Bread also said, “I think AJ has to be able to step forward with a hard jab on both... AJ would have to show next level mental strength in beating both.” Bread appreciates all three heavyweights but he clearly acknowledges that AJ has to continue improving to be better than Wilder & Fury.

Comment

Originally posted by Devils Advocate View Post
                Bread also said, “I think AJ has to be able to step forward with a hard jab on both... AJ would have to show next level mental strength in beating both.” Bread appreciates all three heavyweights but he clearly acknowledges that AJ has to continue improving to be better than Wilder & Fury.
                I have no problems with Bread's analysis!

Comment

Chavez Jr is super-privileged because he does sell tickets (for whatever reason).

Yes, the man violates rules; but when they're enforced, the "punishment" lacks teeth. He pays relatively small fines. He sits out drug suspensions between big pay days when he wouldn't be fighting anyway. He refuses drug testing and promoters/lawyers find a co-operative state commission. Contracts are adjusted if Chavez is overweight. Or opponents take more money to avoid cancelling a fight.

He is simply riding a sport that refuses to shut him down because he knows the business is too greedy to leave the money on the table.

It IS disgusting. But ultimately boxing enables him; and so has to share the blame.

Comment

Once again, Bread spends a Mailbag gushing over GGG, Pacquaio, and Lomachenko.

I thought all the Canelo stans told he he was a horrible racist?

Originally posted by Brooklyn926 View Post
                    Breads really good but I think he’s a fan of some of the stuff wilder says out the ring and supposedly stands for and superimposes it on wilders ability and calls him p4p. Wilder skills wouldn’t get him into the top 10 in any other weight class. The losing rounds will add up because any one who knows boxing knows you can’t knock everyone out and he has zero body punching ability and no defense. It’s actually disrespectful to fighters who have so much talent but don’t make as much noise. Like they say birds of a feather.
                    What does Wilder say "out of the ring" that would make Bread such a fan?

What's impressive about Wilder is that he regularly knocks guys out who weight 20,30, 40 lbs more than he does. Nobody else in any other weight class is doing that.

He also has elite athleticism that you don't see in a sport like boxing often.

Wilder could play in the NFL or NBA with his type of athleticism. In fact he was a basketball player first in college & it shows.

I've often compared him to Kevin Durant or somebody like that.

Comment

The big three then and now.

What's up bread? I posted this on another website but j wanted your take on things: about 15 years ago we had a three headed combo as heavyweight champ: Lennox Lewis, John Ruiz and Chris Byrd. How would they match up to today's top 3? Wilder vs Lewis. Both big power punchers one was undisputed and the other has the highest ko ratio ever. Who wins? How about Byrd versus fury. Both are natural boxers, one is a Swifty southpaw fighting much larger men and the other moves like a 300 pound Muhammed Ali. They both lacked punching power. Lastly, this would be fun: aj vs Ruiz. Both had a clinch in close style with both had sneaky right hands. Who wins? The dirty brawler with a prime stoney in his corner with included all his dirty tactics? Or the big superheavyweight that can concuss you or keep you at bay at the end of his jab? Stylistically, who wins these fights? The era of nostalgia or the current era? Thanx breadman, Mike from peg city.

Comment

Working...
                      X