Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ellerbe Would 'Love' To Make Gervonta Davis-Gary Russell Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ellerbe Would 'Love' To Make Gervonta Davis-Gary Russell Fight

LAS VEGAS Leonard Ellerbe enjoyed reading Gary Russell Jr.'s comments about boxing Gervonta Davis. The Mayweather Promotions CEO respects Russell's confidence, capabilities and pedigree. Ellerbe also is certain that Davis would beat the highly skilled southpaw if the fight Russell suggested comes to fruition.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Don't talk about it be about it. We need that fight

Comment

NOOOOOOO!! Santa Cruz/Russell the main event. Davis/Farmer semi main. Make the card in either LA or Maryland. Geez it isn't that f-cking difficult.

Comment

That's What's Up! Make It Happen! GRJ vs. Tank Davis! MAN UP!

If LSC don't want that smoke from GRJ, the King Tug or Rigo! MAN UP!

Comment

The strategy is pretty clear. Keep Gervonta away from punchers, there's something fishy with Gervonta's chin. Farmer and Russell don't stand a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
            NOOOOOOO!! Santa Cruz/Russell the main event. Davis/Farmer semi main. Make the card in either LA or Maryland. Geez it isn't that f-cking difficult.
            Why would they do 1 card for this when it's worth 2 non ppv fights

Comment

Gary Russell Jr opens up, says he may retire if Leo Santa Cruz or Gervonta Davis don’t fight him

Russell has heard it all, of course, and decided to speak out through the official PBC channels. In his words, he’s being avoided by fellow titleholder Leo Santa Cruz, most notably.

And he says that he’s gotten very frustrated, and is even talking about leaving the ring if he can’t get the big fights.

I’m only staying at 126 for Leo Santa Cruz. I have a wife and children. If they keep playing these games, I’m going to pass the torch off to my little brothers. I’m starting to get frustrated. ... I might say, “enough is enough,” throw in the towel and wash my hands of the sport. ... I wanted Santa Cruz. I wanted Mares before he lost to Jhonny Gonzalez and I knocked out Gonzalez for the title. I wanted Frampton, but Frampton didn’t wanna fight me. I wanted Josh Warrington. ... You don’t see nobody calling me out. They don’t wanna fight me, and I’m getting to the point where I’m getting tired of it.”

Russell says he’s willing to go to 130 to fight “Tank” Davis, and that if he has to fight Miguel Berchelt first to make that happen, he’d do that, too. He says he believes Santa Cruz’s team are avoiding him because Santa Cruz is “a flat-footed fighter ... who can’t do nothing with me.”

https://www.badlefthook.com/2019/4/3...dont-fight-him

Comment

Originally posted by MC Hammer View Post
                Why would they do 1 card for this when it's worth 2 non ppv fights
                Yes, you could make 2 cards with each fight headlining but IMO each is like BAD level while putting them on the same card is a WCB level card that would create a ton of goodwill with fans by giving them the best card of the year to date.

Comment

6 years pro.. time to start fighting some names

Comment

Talk is cheap. Make the fight after GRJ's upcoming defense.

Comment

Working...
                    X