No announcement yet.

Edwin Rodriguez is an awful fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edwin Rodriguez is an awful fighter

Put this kid on suicide watch, #1. He was flat-out embarassed on national television

#2, I can't remember the last time I watched a guy coming into a title fight (ignoring the weight issue which happened at the last minute), get dominated so clearly and look like he had zero boxing experience (amateur or professional)

This guy is hilariously bad, and I would right now classify him as borderline C-level. Guys like Amir Khan, Curtis Stevens, and even DELVIN RODRIGUEZ piss all over this guy in terms of skill

I would never watch another Edwin Rodriguez fight and die perfectly happy, haha

How do people still not know the difference between looking bad against someone amazing and actually being bad?

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenGloveLove View Post
      How do people still not know the difference between looking bad against someone amazing and actually being bad?
      Pretty much^

Ward made Froch and Dawson look bad too.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenGloveLove View Post
        this was beyond Ward making him look bad

he is awful bro, tell me something skillful he did last night? lol

how many times do you eat a flush jab, that isn't even partially feinted, for 12 rounds

unreal

Comment

He didn't look any worst than Carl Froch.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
            He didn't look any worst than Carl Froch.
            i disagree 100%

Ward 217/526 (131 Power)
            Rodriguez 85/389 (66 Power)

Ward 243/573 (136 Power)
            Froch 156/683 (109 Power)

Look at that, Rodriguez landed less than 90 punches for a 12 round fight.

LESS THAN NINETY. LOL
            Last edited by joesaiditstrue; 11-17-2013, 05:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by joesaiditstrue View Post
              this was beyond Ward making him look bad

he is awful bro, tell me something skillful he did last night? lol

how many times do you eat a flush jab, that isn't even partially feinted, for 12 rounds

unreal
              It's still the exact same dude who destroyed Grachev who couldn't be destroyed by Bute, Sillakh or Erdei. This did not become another person because Ward was teaching class on his ass. I'm not saying Rod is anything great but you don't become a top ten ring rated fighter in the world because you're c level if a c is where you come from what it is where I come from which is average. Not even in the worst era of the worst division would a c level fighter even by average. It don't work like that. And this is definitely not a bad era for 168.

Comment

Styles. Edwin beat Darnell Boone easilly, Ward got put on his ass by Boone. Edwin just had the wrong style and plan against Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by joesaiditstrue View Post
                  Put this kid on suicide watch, #1. He was flat-out embarassed on national television

#2, I can't remember the last time I watched a guy coming into a title fight (ignoring the weight issue which happened at the last minute), get dominated so clearly and look like he had zero boxing experience (amateur or professional)

This guy is hilariously bad, and I would right now classify him as borderline C-level. Guys like Amir Khan, Curtis Stevens, and even DELVIN RODRIGUEZ piss all over this guy in terms of skill

I would never watch another Edwin Rodriguez fight and die perfectly happy, haha

Edwin is a tough guy, can take a punch. But did you expect Edwin to have a chance against Andre Ward? Edwin is not as good as his record suggest. Andre was off for 14 months, he was not going to fight a really talented boxer with skills, he was going to fight someone very beatable like Edwin. The SMW division is kind of dead anyway, many SMW's moved up.

Comment

Rodriguez's last five before Ward

Will Rosinsky 14-0
                    Don George 22-1-1
                    Jason Escalera 13-0
                    Ezequiel Osvaldo Maderna 19-0
                    Denis Grachev 13-1

Rodriguez can fight!!

Comment

Working...
                    X