Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why fried food is bad for you

in a way i know(i think i know)
    it's all the oil and **** right?

what if i let my bacon and whatnot get cold/dry(where the food does'nt taste as oily)
    would that be better for the body? or is it all the same?

Originally posted by Chr0nic View Post

what if i let my bacon and whatnot get cold/dry(where the food does'nt taste as oily)
    You need a certain degree of fat (the best sort being polyunsaturated and monounsaturated) Its cos its hard for fat to be converted to energy hence bad before A workout! not to mention too much can make some people deposite fat.

Tho whats worse is a combination of starchy carbs and saturated fat or trans fat. everyones bodys different and some people can procces oily food better and quicker than others. Im partial to a bacon sandwich myself but generally I stick to clean food like fish, new potatoes, wholemeal bread stuff like that but that only cos I find it hard to procces anything else

Comment

Originally posted by Chr0nic View Post

Whether fried is bad for you depends on:

. What and how much oil you use
      . What you are frying

As a rule it's better to grill your meats like steak, fish, chicken

But with bacon and eggs, as well as mince meat to go with pasta, as long as you are using a very lean cut of meat ( I buy 97% fat free bacon, costs more, but it's worth it, especially as taste wise i dont like fat) and you use a small amount of either canola or olive oil (get the spray on ones, that way you use less), it's usually okay

So with your bacon, be prepared to pay a little extra and buy the lean bacon with little to no fat (check the packaging etc) and use a small amount of either olive or canola oil to fry it and you are good to go

Comment

Working...
      X