Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does your love for boxing make you biased towards MMA/UFC?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does your love for boxing make you biased towards MMA/UFC?

do you find yourself arguing with mma fans all the time? do you find them arrogant?

do you see UFC as a threat?

do u think we are a minority as boxing fans when in comparison to UFC fans?

(thx to edgargtd for correcting title mistake)
    I only watch boxing, I hate MMA
    9.89%
    I watch both boxing and MMA
    46.15%
    I only watch boxing, but I don't hate MMA
    37.36%
    MMA is borderline gayp0rn and should be outlawed
    6.59%
    Last edited by Primera; 05-24-2012, 02:03 PM.

This should go well...for the few MMA fans on here...

Comment

not me. I actually like MMA/UFC although most boxing people I know hate it. However, I am less & less involved in watching MMA. I wont just **** on it because its something other then boxing though. I love watching Jones & Silvia fight

Comment

Originally posted by Primera View Post
        do you find yourself arguing with mma fans all the time? do you find them arrogant?

do you see UFC as a threat?

do u think we are a minority as boxing fans when in comparison to UFC fans?
        1)Yes I do, but that's common since alot of them are idiots.

2)Not all of them, just some of the hardcores and the casuals.

3)Of course not, the two sports can co-exist. Even if the "hardcore" MMA fan base keeps trying to convince people that boxing is dying. Those guys are stupid not only in boxing but usually in their own sport aswell.

4)Back in 2008-2009 without a doubt boxing fans were a minority in these parts, now it's a way different story. I actually know alot of MMA fans who converted to boxing and the boxing gyms are filling up quickly.

Comment

Nope... been watching UFC since the light weight savat dude koed the sumo wrestler..

Comment

Nope been watching ufc since the early tito ortiz days, I just enjoy watching some good fighting.

Comment

their main form of defense is always something along the lines of this.....

"boxing is just that, boxing. MMA has boxing AND everything else including wrestling, bjj, Muay Thai, and more. MMA fighters are more well rounded fighters. Boxers only have to watch for punches, whereas MMA fighters have to be prepared for strikes, kicks, and take downs."

can't recall how many times I've heard this from mma fans who hate boxing

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Alibata View Post
                  Fights like that don't happen anymore. One of the reasons I stopped watching long ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Primera View Post
                    their main form of defense is always something along the lines of this.....

"boxing is just that, boxing. MMA has boxing AND everything else including wrestling, bjj, Muay Thai, and more. MMA fighters are more well rounded fighters. Boxers only have to watch for punches, whereas MMA fighters have to be prepared for strikes, kicks, and take downs."

can't recall how many times I've heard this from mma fans who hate boxing
                    Don't forget the usual "Boxing is a dying breed" "Boxing isn't fighting" "Everyone only cares about 2 fighters in boxing".

I remember back a few years ago on Sherdog when the MMA vs. Boxing argument came up boxing fans would say boxing is a global sport and MMA fans laughed at them claiming it was only the United States that mattered. Now all of a sudden ratings are going down, buy rates are going down and what do some of the arrogant MMA fans say? "MMA is growing world wide popularity do you know how popular it is in Brazil!?"

Nothing surprises me anymore man, I've heard it all. Karma is a mother****er.

Comment

Working...
                    X