Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Floyd beats Mosley, should he move up if the Pacquiao fight doesn't happen?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxerDood View Post
    No...Even Matthew Hatton would present a bigger challenge than Oscar at this point. He's like 37, and he's focused on promoting now. He retired because he couldn't box the way he used to anymore. He said it himself during the press conference.

Someone needs to get built up to fight Floyd. GBP is trying to build Khan up to fight him later on, but I don't want to see that, and once Bradley beats Maidana, Khan has to answer to him.

Here's how the JMW division plays out as being a possible opponent for Floyd:

Foreman: A possible choice. He's just needs two big wins at 154 to become a legit opponent in my opinion (Cotto and Maybe the Cintron-Williams winner or Spinks)
    Spinks: He would need like three big wins because of his inactivity
    Cintron: Only needs to beat Williams to become a good opponent for Floyd
    Angulo: Has a looong way to go. He'd probably need like 5 big wins, and Julio wouldn't count as one of them. He'd also need to get a rematch with Cintron and win.

And the JWW and WW division:

Berto: If he beats Cotto, then he'd be a good choice
    Bradley: He'd need to beat Khan, Ortiz, Alexander, and then move up and face Berto or something first
    Alexander: Same as Bradley
    I think you missunderstood my point. I'm not saying ODH will be a good fight, I'm saying ODH floyd 2 is the most viable money fight if floyd wipes out shane and can't make a mtch with Manny.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
      I think you missunderstood my point. I'm not saying ODH will be a good fight, I'm saying ODH floyd 2 is the most viable money fight if floyd wipes out shane and can't make a mtch with Manny.
      Also, foreman cotto are top rank guys so if floyd cant make a deal with manny I assume he cant with the winner of that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
        Also, foreman cotto are top rank guys so if floyd cant make a deal with manny I assume he cant with the winner of that fight.
        You're probably right. Then that would mean the only possible opponents are Cintron and Berto. But Cintron is probably gonna lose to Williams, so that just leaves Berto unless Spinks does something huge within the next year, which is unlikely with Don King as his promoter.

Comment

No, he should fight Mosley again because the Pac fight ain't happening.

Comment

Originally posted by MurderDeathKill View Post
            No, he should fight Mosley again because the Pac fight ain't happening.
            Mosley would want that fight because he tries to avenge all of his losses (and fails), but I doubt Floyd would fight him again. It would be a big risk, no reward situation. I wouldn't wanna see that anyways.

Comment

But what if the Mosley fight is lopsided and Mosley retires afterwards?
              Then he fights Bradley.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
                Then he fights Bradley.
                Bradley has work to do at 140, and he wouldn't bring enough money yet. If he beats Maidana, he becomes the mandatory for both the Ortiz-Campbell winner and I believe the Khan-Malignaggi winner too. He should be fighting those guys anyways, not Floyd. The only guy at 140 wiwth a big enough name is Malignaggi, and Khan is about to school him.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
                  Then he fights Bradley.
                  I don't know. May Bradley is a great fight but Bradley must unify the JWW titles before he can generate that kind of money. Then again that may be all thats left.

Comment

Mosley would want that fight because he tries to avenge all of his losses (and fails), but I doubt Floyd would fight him again.
                    Then walk, unless he changes his mind about the Haymon **** and wants to fight Berto. Fuck that stupid Alvarez fight GB has talked about for down the road. Floyd don't need to prove anything at 154, and there's nobody there he'd get in the ring with anyway. If he drubs Mosley one sidedly I think he'll retire.

Comment

Bradley has work to do at 140, and he wouldn't bring enough money yet. If he beats Maidana, he becomes the mandatory for both the Ortiz-Campbell winner and I believe the Khan-Malignaggi winner too. He should be fighting those guys anyways, not Floyd. The only guy at 140 wiwth a big enough name is Malignaggi, and Khan is about to school him.
                      Bradley will drop everything and fight Floyd. He already said it.

Comment

Working...
                      X