No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Beyond Bloodletting: The Stakes in Alvarado vs. Rios

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Beyond Bloodletting: The Stakes in Alvarado vs. Rios

by Cliff Rold - It might be one of those nights.

One of those Chacon-Boza, Gatti-Ward, Saad-Lopez nights.

It was assumed as such as soon as it was announced. Now here we are, just days from the opening bell of the most anticipated undercard fight in recent memory.

Alvarado-Rios is more than just a fight for hardcore boxing fans. Alvarado-Rios is a prayer for violence.

Perhaps the prayer will be answered in full. Perhaps boxing will get a fight that goes rounds and sees the sort of one-upsmanship that marks a truly legendary encounter. The escalation is what marks a great fight after all. Think about the reports of the unfilmed Tony Zale-Rocky Graziano wars; shower in the memories of Riddick Bowe-Evander Holyfield I, round ten; recall the progression of savagery in Diego Corrales-Jose Luis Castillo I.

Truly great wars see fighters take turns beating each other to the point where the audience is sure one man will fall. When he does not, when he finds a way to recapture the initiative, he forces his opponent to match him and surpass him again. The circle goes round and round until one man runs out of gears.

If it doesn’t go that way this Saturday, we could still see a scorcher. Brandon Rios-Urbano Antillon in July 2011 was like that. It was a rip-roaring affair, but Rios ended it conclusively and early. [Click Here To Read More]

well bradley vs peterson isn't happening and rios/alvarado winner will fight pacquiao. unless ofcourse top rank and golden boy decide to work together. arum's running out of inhouse fights it might be time.

Comment

Pac vs Rios should be a very entertaining fight. It should be a lot better than Floyd vs Ortiz!

Comment

Rios will lose to Alvarado Tonight

Rios is lucky to have come as far as he has. What you see on TV is just part of the undisciplined, immature, unintelligent, uneducated thug which he truly is. As time goes by, he isolates and pushes away all those who were once friends, those who have helped him, and those who have put up with his stupidity. A training day with Rios is a training day in hell. Not because of the workout. Because of his loud mouth spewing stupidities. Now he has be manipulated by a whole new group of people. He is a puppet and others are pulling the strings. Rios looks soft. He did not prepare like he should have.

I have sparred Rios and he is not the same. The fire is not there. He is just a kid that never grew up. He has no idea what is at stake here.

Rios to be KO'd after the 8th round.

Comment

Rios-Alvarado is already being compared to Gatti-Ward? Nope, as good as this fight will be, I think its already going to be over hyped and disappointing to some because it won't be as good as hyped.

Comment

I can't remember the last bout I was this bloodthirsty for. I feel slightly ashamed, I usually love boxing for it's technique, it's skill, it's artistry. But this one..........I just want to see two guys beat the crap out of each other until one falls.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
              I can't remember the last bout I was this bloodthirsty for. I feel slightly ashamed, I usually love boxing for it's technique, it's skill, it's artistry. But this one..........I just want to see two guys beat the crap out of each other until one falls.
              Don't lie to yourself. You got into it for the same reason everyone does. The last line you uttered. You stuck around and loved the rest, but don't bury your inner primal self.

I never lie. I fell in love with boxing when I saw Mike Tyson hit Berbick so hard he fell down three times. Pernell Whitaker was my favorite fighter for years. Blood came first.

Comment

Originally posted by legitboxing View Post
                Rios is lucky to have come as far as he has. What you see on TV is just part of the undisciplined, immature, unintelligent, uneducated thug which he truly is. As time goes by, he isolates and pushes away all those who were once friends, those who have helped him, and those who have put up with his stupidity. A training day with Rios is a training day in hell. Not because of the workout. Because of his loud mouth spewing stupidities. Now he has be manipulated by a whole new group of people. He is a puppet and others are pulling the strings. Rios looks soft. He did not prepare like he should have.

I have sparred Rios and he is not the same. The fire is not there. He is just a kid that never grew up. He has no idea what is at stake here.

Rios to be KO'd after the 8th round.
                The fight just ended..soooo.....YEAH...UHUH...SO YOU WERE SAYIN'? LOL...hater!!! LOL!!!! WAR RIOS!!!!!...'legitboxing' your momma's ass..go **** yourself puto!!!!! LOL!!! Jealous ass *****!!!!!
                Last edited by livershot73; 10-13-2012, 11:14 PM. Reason: just because I saw it again!

Comment

Working...
                X