No announcement yet.

Reparations time. Pay what you owe!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Longhaul View Post
    I did my research I read the university of Ghana report and several other articles and it boils down to black on black crime which the direct descendants who are still in Africa blame black kings and wealthy families not Americans.Its the birthplace of slavery created by blacks.You bring up examples that are small when compared to the blacks involvement willingly capturing and selling their own.I should believe you over research from Ghana u and interviews with direct descendants.I said go after the people who started slavery and was responsible for the majority of capturing and selling their own kind.I want to hear that from African Americans and here them own it and see reparations go to the families in West Africa also.But you never hear that you just hear give me money and I’ll go away.most don’t even know the history of being sold out by their own kind.As for reparations for African Americans I’m open if people start owning up and the West Africans are taken care of first as they are still being oppressed by the same families that enslaved their ancestors.Thats where I said in my post then we deal with those born into slavery and so on.This gimmie **** doesn’t fly with me.Those surviving ancestors are never mentioned nor is the HUGE part blacks played in slaveryYou can spin it any way you want in Africa the direct descendants blame their fellow countrymen.Blacks have a torrid history of treatment of each other starting with slavery .Sure you can spin it any way you want saying they were nice to their slaves.They took these people away from their families.I don’t care how nice they were treated

Dude, if you want to fight for reparations for Black Americans from Africa, then go for it. No one is stopping you! That doesn't absolve the United States from the mistreatment of Africans on US soil or the breeding of slaves within the U.S.

Or is your entire argument that the gun dealer can be the only criminal even if he didn't pull the trigger? Or to be even clearer, If I sell you a little girl, and you force her into slavery and bust her head open every now and then, does my selling her to you absolve you from what you've done?

The point here is that African participation in the slave trade does not absolve the United States from its participation in and perpetuation of slavery.

and that you can say the following...
    .Blacks have a torrid history of treatment of each other starting with slavery .Sure you can spin it any way you want saying they were nice to their slaves.They took these people away from their families.I don’t care how nice they were treated
    and want to completely absolve the United States from the atrocities that slaves endured on US soil, whether they were African or American, is truly astounding. It makes absolutely no sense. You do realize that slaves were ripped from their families in America as well, right? Or did you somehow overlook that?
    Last edited by travestyny; 05-09-2019, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
      What sort of reparations are you expecting to get from some regular joe schmoe living in Mississippi who might or might've not had a great great great grandparent who owned slaves.

For reparations to work on the scale some are calling for you'd need to use the tax money from everyone in the country, but today 99% of the people have no ties to slave ownership, due to their families either never owning slaves as that was reserved for the most privileged and only in the south, or for the fact that majority of todays population are immigrants who came post slavery.

Unless I am missing something let me know what your proposals are and why someone like me whose family came long after slavery ended should have our tax dollars go toward reparations.
      if a f*8cker is poor, what asset can we take from him?

Too bad you are an American and the crimes the state committed and did has to be paid for.

When the state has to payout for police misconduct and extra-judicial activities, i don't hear you shouting, hell no.

You tax dollars will have pay for damages to Botham Shem Jean family because of Amber Guyger's f**ck up. What do you plan to do about?

P.S. They are Caribbean folks and after what America did to their kin, they will probably take that money and go back to Caribbean to spend it. With you tax dollars, boy!

Lemme guess, you are just gonna keep quiet and keep paying your taxes!

So you will be doing the same when we get this reparations payment sorted out.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
        Descendants of slaves, obviously?

Before I embarrass myself by not knowing much about this topic, I’d like to read more on the subject. I got a little time now, can you provide me with the best links or other sources.

Reparations would be paid by who? to who?

I am assuming you are specifically talking about African slaves who were sold to the west?

I’m also assuming that a mechanism would be in place to pay people who are 1/2 black, only 1/2 of the reparations a full blooded person would receive. An octoroon would get an 1/8 th portion of the money?
        Reparations should be paid by the state and those who we can prove benefited from slavery. How it will be paid out i ,personally, am not sure yet.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...ations/361631/

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleLeftH00k View Post
          What is = ur in America making $$$,

yo fellow brothers in africa are starving to death in hunger, some are also in india as slave till this day
          Red - a few years a go. Not now! My personal beef is not with America but the UK.

Blue - We gotta get strong before we can help all.

Comment

I’ll tell you who should pay the Africans who captured and sold the slaves.The reparations should go to the many West Africans who are bitter to this day about their ancestors who were taken by fellow blacks to be sold.How about the Democrats who made it legal.There is a fine study by the university of Ghana where they put Huge responsibility on fellow blacks for slavery.This is maybe the beginning of black on black crime.Africans were practicing slavery for centuries before the USA became involved.Slavery exists in Africa to this day.You might say Africa is one of the founding fathers of slavery.
            i know but the Europeans who took us here directly benefited from our free labour for centuries and use what they earned off our enslaved ancestors to build up their nations.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
              Red - a few years a go. Not now! My personal beef is not with America but the UK.

Blue - We gotta get strong before we can help all.
              Who do u think in UK still owe u money?

Comment

I have some legitimate questions as follows:

Based on my research, reparations would only be paid to descendants of slaves held captive in the U.S.

My guess is that DNA evidence would be used to establish a linear connection to enslaved individuals. How do we know who were slaves? I've watched Finding your Roots and they often use records to establish lineage. Are there records for a every slave?

If reparations are only to be paid to slave descendants, how do you think regular black folks are gonna react to this? Blacks have been oppressed in many ways other than slavery in this country. Do you think giving reparations to some black people and not others is gonna be fair and those folks who didn't get their check are gonna fine with that?

So, who's gonna pay for it? Are black and hispanic people gonna pay or are they exempt?

There are a host of issues once you open this pandora's box and will inevitably inflame tensions of a lot of people.

Comment

i know but the Europeans who took us here directly benefited from our free labour for centuries and use what they earned off our enslaved ancestors to build up their nations.
                  Do u know their names? Are they still alive?

U funny foo

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleLeftH00k View Post
                    Who do u think in UK still owe u money?

Royal family

David Cameron's family

Just to name few. We have found the linkages

Comment

Royal family

David Cameron's family

Just to name few. We have found the linkages
                      Does the current royal family still own slaves?

Or should the current one suffer from their ancestors wrong doing?

So what ur father did u should be punish aswell is this how it should be done?

Comment

Working...
                      X