• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
    You are joking right?
    I'm not joking, I'm exaggerating to mock the power of Vitali

he's not feather fisted, and he's not a power puncher either

he has average power for a man his size and weight

and please, don't bring the KO ratio up as it is a child game to destroy that argument

Comment

Vitali has the greatest knock out percentage of any heavyweight ever. To call him feather fisted is just ridiculous.

BTW how did he get the muscle tear?

Comment

Originally posted by koboxer View Post
        insect is a ****ing legend

but he does suck off the klits brothers way too much
        if someone has to get that low to become a legend, I'd rather stay a nobody

and how is he a legend, he has joined sept 2010, or maybe it is that he gets banned every week because of his legend status ???

Comment

Originally posted by LeTombeur View Post
          I'm not joking, I'm exaggerating to mock the power of Vitali

he's not feather fisted, and he's not a power puncher either

he has average power for a man his size and weight

and please, don't bring the KO ratio up as it is a child game to destroy that argument
          It's also quite easy to destroy those arguments saying that Briggs had been kayoed before.

But in the same breath it's clear that vitali does not punch as hard as he did earlier and that he is (and always has been) an armpuncher. Still there's a long long way to conclude that he is featherfisted especially given the kind of damage he inflicted on poor Briggs.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
            It's also quite easy to destroy those arguments saying that Briggs had been kayoed before.

But in the same breath it's clear that vitali does not punch as hard as he did earlier and that he is (and always has been) an armpuncher. Still there's a long long way to conclude that he is featherfisted especially given the kind of damage he inflicted on poor Briggs.
            ok let's put it this way then : it is a fact Briggs chin is good but not granite like Ali and that at the rate Vitali was landing his clean power punches, he should have put him away if he had real power, into the middle rounds that is

and as I said, he's not feather fisted, but Wlad's power >>>>> Vitali's

Vitali is not known for being a one punch knockouter

I agree with the rest

Comment

Eeewww, you can actually see the torn bicep. I dont think Briggs fights again now. He gave it one last go, and now he must find another hobby.

Comment

Vitali is an accumulation puncher. Not a one punch knockout artist.

I could care less who won that fight but at least admit Vitali is a way harder than average puncher, to say otherwise just doesn't make sense.

Oh also I'm with LeToumber, Wlad does punch harder than Vitali, that's for sure.

Comment

if Vitali were the puncher many people believe he is, he would have knocked Briggs no later than round 6 or 7

he was landing like crazy and couldn't put him away

if you watch him on the heavy bag, then against Briggs, you won't see any difference

don't forget Briggs has been stopped twice before
                  briggs kd's and stoppages looked more like attrition than being truly truly buzzed... Like pushing on a guy who just ran a marathon, his legs will probably give out.

As for Briggs being huge, he is I met him before, I'm 6'3" and 195 lbs and he has those huge sausage fingers and tree trunk forearms... he's just wide, and big in scale.

Comment

ok let's put it this way then : it is a fact Briggs chin is good but not granite like Ali and that at the rate Vitali was landing his clean power punches, he should have put him away if he had real power, into the middle rounds that is

and as I said, he's not feather fisted, but Wlad's power >>>>> Vitali's

Vitali is not known for being a one punch knockouter

I agree with the rest
                    Wlad has always had far more one-punch power than Vitali. No one who knows boxing denies that. But Vitali hurts you more because he lands far more clubbing power punches on you, whereas Wlad relies much more on his jab.

This was true even when Vitali was young - his knock-outs were almost all TKOs, even back then. But it's become even more true since Vitali learnt to control distance better and fight off the back foot, because he doesn't put so much power into his individual punches any more, but at the same time, he gets hit far less than he used to.

If Chambers had fought Vitali instead of Wlad, he'd have been beaten up far worse than Wlad beat him up, and it would have been a TKO in around 8 rounds. Instead, Chambers wasn't badly hurt by Wlad until the final round, but was then knocked cold by a single punch. Vitali never knocks anyone cold with a single punch, but he beats people up more hurtfully than Wlad does.

The Briggs fight should also have been a TKO in around 8 rounds, but the ref and the corner let Briggs down. If the ref and corner had done their jobs, we wouldn't even be having this discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Rado View Post
                      Wlad has always had far more one-punch power than Vitali. No one who knows boxing denies that. But Vitali hurts you more because he lands far more clubbing power punches on you, whereas Wlad relies much more on his jab.

This was true even when Vitali was young - his knock-outs were almost all TKOs, even back then. But it's become even more true since Vitali learnt to control distance better and fight off the back foot, because he doesn't put so much power into his individual punches any more, but at the same time, he gets hit far less than he used to.

If Chambers had fought Vitali instead of Wlad, he'd have been beaten up far worse than Wlad beat him up, and it would have been a TKO in around 8 rounds. Instead, Chambers wasn't badly hurt by Wlad until the final round, but was then knocked cold by a single punch. Vitali never knocks anyone cold with a single punch, but he beats people up more hurtfully than Wlad does.

The Briggs fight should also have been a TKO in around 8 rounds, but the ref and the corner let Briggs down. If the ref and corner had done their jobs, we wouldn't even be having this discussion.
                      Excellent observations and comments.

Comment

Working...
                      X