Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the BEST Pressure Fighter Right Now?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitman Hodgson View Post
    What about Maidana? Ortiz, or Huck?
    Maidana is a really good pressure fighter. He's solid. He's my favorite pressure fighter. However, TS said the "best," and the best to me also possesses the finest set of skills.

Originally posted by turbotime View Post
    Mayweather. He just follows you around and you basically feint yourself out and wilt without him touching you.
    I agree. Mayweather is pretty ****ing good. Don't sleep on him just because he doesn't overwhelm you with a multitude of punches. He will get right in front of you and push your ass back. You can't do much to him. His skill set is elite.

Comment

Some one just mentioned it but i think maidana is up there. Guys is a beast at pressuring. Doesn't quit and could knock you out even if he lost every round.
      Paul williams. This is his whole fight plan. Volume punching staying busy and going forward. Out throwing you out lasting you. Pressure pressure pressure.
      Chavez jr is up there imo. Even tho he has a 10-15 pd weight advantage he uses it by constantly smothering and making you back up. But we will see how he does against andy lee if he could pressure a good boxer who has some skill and knows how to move.
      Margarito is still up there too imo. I know everybody will say he's past it and he's a cheater and yea he isn't what he use to be and he is a cheater. But this guy can take a punch. In the pacquiao and cotto fights he still was coming forward even after taking an ass whooping all night. His fight plan is to take your soul. And he's pretty good at it.

Comment

Originally posted by mr. Fantastic View Post
        ortiz is a better pressure fighter than rios in my opinion.
        nah. In the lamont peterson fight ortiz backed off. And ortiz didn't pressure mayweather at all til the 2nd half of the 4th round til he got stupid and head butted him.
        The berto fight he did pressure great and that was his best performance but i take ortiz as more of a boxer/puncher.

Comment

Originally posted by Mars Volta View Post
          Boxer/Puncher IMO
          You can be a boxer-puncher and a pressure fighter, ask Marvin Hagler.

Originally posted by Hi-Dro View Post
          tell that to Barrera homie

da ****k yall smoking
          LOL are we talking about what he used to be or what he is now? The thread title is who is the best pressure fighter right now. Pac is not a pressure fighter anymore, if he was he wouldn't have fought JMM in the center of the ring trying to be technical and he would have been able to cut off the ring against Mosley.

Comment

The mental and physical pressure guys like Ward, Pac, or Floyd aply is the best. These guys aren't your typical Pwill, or Margarito fighter. They're selective with there arsenal, yet effective.

In terms of brute, non stop agressive pressure Maidana is a bad mooofoka. That still doesn't change the fact that he got his ass beat by Alexander though...

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
              You can be a boxer-puncher and a pressure fighter, ask Marvin Hagler.

LOL are we talking about what he used to be or what he is now? The thread title is who is the best pressure fighter right now. Pac is not a pressure fighter anymore, if he was he wouldn't have fought JMM in the center of the ring trying to be technical and he would have been able to cut off the ring against Mosley.
              damn lol...i missed the "now" part

haha

Still, guys like Kirkland, Angulo, and Rios have not faced guys with half the skills of a JMM...

Comment

people who say pacquaio dont know the difference between explosiveness and pressure. Pacquaio aint no damn pressure fighter he is an explosive fighter, when evenly matched (against JMM) he barley even that.

Comment

Originally posted by Hi-Dro View Post
                  I agree. Mayweather is pretty ****ing good. Don't sleep on him just because he doesn't overwhelm you with a multitude of punches. He will get right in front of you and push your ass back. You can't do much to him. His skill set is elite.
                  I've been in with those types of guys, obviously not on Floyd's level but just looking at them knowing as soon as you move you're going to get countered with something hard, and then it happening, saps a hell of a lot of energy out of you.

Comment

Originally posted by turbotime View Post
                    I've been in with those types of guys, obviously not on Floyd's level but just looking at them knowing as soon as you move you're going to get countered with something hard, and then it happening, saps a hell of a lot of energy out of you.
                    That's precisely what I am insinuating. That energy zapped...just gone; and they keep draining it, which is mental pressure. If you haven't been inside a boxing ring you wouldn't know about it, but it's there, and it's a component i look at when thinking about pressure. However, some of you think about a Margarito, or a Pwill. Yes those guys are good pressure fighters, but not the best. Boxing is a mental sport.

Comment

Pirog not mentioned, fail.

Pirog
                      JMM
                      Golovkin
                      Mares

lesser known guys who are great pressure fighters

Chakhkiev
                      Konecny
                      Khurtsidze
                      Shafikov

Remaining defensively responsible, elusive, and being able to counter all while moving forward and pressuring > >>> face first brawlers like Kirkland.

Comment

Working...
                      X