Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who else thinks JuanMa is one good punch away from getting retired?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He does have his weaknesses, I suppose. Still, I don't think that his chin is so ridiculously soft. He is decent with his defense when he wants to be, but he does need to keep it tucked on a more regular basis.

Still, he seems like a fighter that won't quit on himself. He's a guy that seems to just over-commit himself. Since the Rogers fight, he's been a bit better of that. At this point, it'd be impossible to abandon his style, but he seems to have learned his lesson with the Rafa match as proof.

He was rocked in that match, but still managed to keep himself composed.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
      Your original post is a little exaggerated, but I get what you mean.

JuanMa sometimes lets the machismo take over.

The thing that annoys me about that is, he does that and puts himself at greater risk, even though he's usually the better boxer in the bout.

He'd have to lose to Gamboa spectacularly to become irrelevant and even then he'd still be relevant so he's not one punch from retirement by any means.
      Still I could see that as part of the road to irrelevance, no matter what happens in any big fight a guy will be relevant right afterward but I could easily see him getting stopped again after possibly against a guy who has no business doing it.

Still this isn't really profound just how the sport normally goes

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
        Still I could see that as part of the road to irrelevance, no matter what happens in any big fight a guy will be relevant right afterward but I could easily see him getting stopped again after possibly against a guy who has no business doing it.

Still this isn't really profound just how the sport normally goes

Pretty much.

I keep thinking about Michael Nunn versus James Toney.

Michael Nunn was just a fantastic boxer and was beating James good, until that vicious punch of truth had Nunn babbling and gone to god.

Then the cocaine and troubles came....

Comment

Pretty much.

I keep thinking about Michael Nunn versus James Toney.

Michael Nunn was just a fantastic boxer and was beating James good, until that vicious punch of truth had Nunn babbling and gone to god.

Then the cocaine and troubles came....
          Indeed better fighters than Lopez have fallen apart over such an issue, boxing history is littered with those sorts "he looked awesome then the rough times hit and he vanished".

Tough game

Comment

Your original post is a little exaggerated, but I get what you mean.

JuanMa sometimes lets the machismo take over.

The thing that annoys me about that is, he does that and puts himself at greater risk, even though he's usually the better boxer in the bout.

He'd have to lose to Gamboa spectacularly to become irrelevant and even then he'd still be relevant so he's not one punch from retirement by any means.
            I know he's trying to please the crowd most of the time, but that stuff is too risky.

Comment

This is inevitable, and is practically the genetic make-up of every Rican boxer - they all end up getting KTFO or taking a knee.

Comment

Originally posted by Stones! View Post
                This is inevitable, and is practically the genetic make-up of every Rican boxer - they all end up getting KTFO or taking a knee.
                and the convo was intelligent until one jackass shows up.

Comment

Originally posted by Stones! View Post
                  i tell u man I try, but these fools on here lol

Comment

I think he has fallen in love with his power and relies on it too damn much, once he meets a guy that hits just as hard and can take his punches Juanma is ****ed...his chin isn't that bad, but it isn't that good either, Lopez needs to focus on defense or he will end up like Kirkland.

Comment

JuanMa will eventually get KO'd probably from someone we dont expect, but I'm tellin you guys its not gonna be Gamboa.

Comment

Working...
                      X