Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ben Stein Says Black People Have “Deep Attachment” To Underdog Mentality And Playing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bobby Shaw View Post
    He is right. A lot needs to change with black mentality.
    Bringing fathers back into the equation would be a great place to start.

Comment

In fairness, the "underdog mentality" is not a mentality of victimhood, and is not necessarily a bad thing in my opinion.

It's true that many black people are raised with an underdog mentality. It's the speech black parents give their children when they say, "You have to work twice as hard. You have to be twice as good."

Sly knows what I'm talking about. Notice how he makes it clear that he doesn't mind being an underdog, because he can handle it. One of my favorite tracks. Enjoy.

I know how it feels to expect to get a fair shake
      But they won't let you forget
      That you're the underdog and you've got to be twice as good
      (Yeah, yeah)

Even if you're never right
      They get uptight when you get too bright
      Cause you might start thinking too much
      (Yeah yeah)

I know how it feels when you know the real
      But every other time
      You get a... get a raw deal
      (Yeah yeah)

Say, I'm the underdog
      I'm the underdog
      Say, I'm the underdog
      I'm the underdog

I know how it feels to get demoted
      When it comes time to get promoted
      cuz you might be movin' up too fast
      (Yeah, yeah)

If you ever loved somebody of a different set
      I bet the set didn't let you forget
      That it just don't go like that
      (Yeah, yeah)

I know how it feels
      For people to stop, turn around and stare
      So go right, don't rate me
      I don't mind

I'm the underdog
      No, I can handle it,
      I'm the underdog
      I'm the underdog, yeah
      Underdog

I know how it feels to be played upon
      See you at the party
      But you're really, you're really all alone
      They just underestimate me
      (Yeah yeah)

I know how it feels when you're feelin' down
      And you wanna come up but you realize
      You're in the wrong part of town
      (Yeah, yeah)

I know how it feels to have to go along
      With people you don't even know
      Simply because there happens to be a whole lot more of them
      (Yeah, yeah)

Say, I'm the underdog
      I'm the underdog
      I don't mind, 'cause I can handle it
      Underdog, it's gonna be alright
      I'm the underdog
      Last edited by travestyny; 06-25-2019, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
        Bringing fathers back into the equation would be a great place to start.
        There are many people who benefit from the blacks are victims movements. All these self appointed activists tend to be the real problems because most of them have many baby mamas. The family is the root of black problems. Don't tell me blacks are being victimised if you are not married and have fathered many children with different women.

The USA is a land of opportunity and thank God now many black people have jobs but they should always have had jobs. If black Africans can be employed who were not born in the USA and hold good jobs and buy houses I don't see why African Americans can not do the same. I am not saying there is no racism but most of the racism is also because of actions of the black community and how they carry themselves. Most are raised with a negative outlook towards life.

Comment

Originally posted by JcLazyX210 View Post
          Video link below.

You might know Ben Stein as “the Clear Eyes guy”. You might know Ben Stein as the man calling for “Bueller” in Ferris Bueller’s Day Off.

https://youtu.be/ltO1hDGlw0g

What are your thoughts ?
          Yeah.... he’s that azz wipe that kept repeating bulllers name. I didn’t like him then, and I don’t like him now..

I’m a old mean nasty man, I love wimmin with big azzes, pretty hands and feet, who call me big poppa..good hair, big eyes, nice teef.... dimples are a bonus..

Ideally I want to slap that puto, f the chit outta my woman.. preferably a deaf mute... who cooks good, picks up after me, and drains me nuts..

Btw... I’m getting interviewed again by UAE banking.
          If I get it, I won’t take it, I’m just trying to get a free trip to Dubai....all expenses paid for 5 days,, 6-7 star hotel..

Shalom homie... f that piece of caca.

Comment

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
            Well he said, "For a long time black people were the underdogs and they were victimized, so it's understandable why they feel that way."

It didn't seem that he was trying to attack black people other than to express his hate for Louis Farrakhan.

I happen to like Farrakhan, and I like what I know of Corey Booker. Apparently this is about Booker agreeing to meet with Farrakhan? Good for him
            A fan of farakhan
            travestyny = A true nazi
            Death to the jews

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleLeftH00k View Post
              A fan of farakhan
              travestyny = A true nazi
              Death to the jews
              Did I say that? lol.

If you can quote me saying that, you have a point. Go for it!

Comment

In fairness, the "underdog mentality" is not a mentality of victimhood, and is not necessarily a bad thing in my opinion.

It's true that many black people are raised with an underdog mentality. It's the speech black parents give their children when they say, "You have to work twice as hard. You have to be twice as good."

Sly knows what I'm talking about. Notice how he makes it clear that he doesn't mind being an underdog, because he can handle it. One of my favorite tracks. Enjoy.

I love African American people but in my interaction with them they are black first, human second. I think that affects your Outlook in life as many tend to limit themselves and often restrict themselves to certain things. I do understand the history of blacks was quiet a bad one with lynching, slavery etc but come on we moved from such. You can be a freed slave but still believe you are a slave but unfortunately as a man thinks in his heart so is he. If you think you are a slave then you are a slave and if you think you are inferior then you become inferior and people will treat you the way you treat yourself. This mentality of victimhood is also in most African American churches. Where you would expect them to identify with Christ and rest in his finished work sitting on the right side of the father and reigning through Christ you find them identifying with slavery and poverty and victimhood and it doesn't help anyone. What makes it worse that's what most ever talk about and words have power.

Comment

Did I say that? lol.

If you can quote me saying that, you have a point. Go for it!
                  Ur a fan of farakhan thats says a lot about u nazi

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Shaw View Post
                    I love African American people but in my interaction with them they are black first, human second. I think that affects your Outlook in life as many tend to limit themselves and often restrict themselves to certain things. I do understand the history of blacks was quiet a bad one with lynching, slavery etc but come on we moved from such. You can be a freed slave but still believe you are a slave but unfortunately as a man thinks in his heart so is he. If you think you are a slave then you are a slave and if you think you are inferior then you become inferior and people will treat you the way you treat yourself. This mentality of victimhood is also in most African American churches. Where you would expect them to identify with Christ and rest in his finished work sitting on the right side of the father and reigning through Christ you find them identifying with slavery and poverty and victimhood and it doesn't help anyone. What makes it worse that's what most ever talk about and words have power.
                    Black first and human second? Honestly I'm not sure what you meant by that.

But think about this. When black people were making a point of saying we are humans, too, do you know what they told us? You're black. lol

But anyway, I think you're misunderstanding my post. It is not that black people feel they are inferior. Of course not. It's that they feel that [some] feel that they are often treated like 2nd rate citizens and have to adjust accordingly to be successful.

Everyone always wants to go all the way back to slavery and then say let's get over it. The history of poor treatment of Black Americans in America certainly didn't stop with the abolition of slavery. There was a civil rights movement 50 years ago. Think about that.

It's just the realities of life in America. You never know when you're going to be up against it just because of the color of your skin, so be extra vigilant, extra prepared, and work extra hard. Nothing about that is a victimhood mentality.

Comment

What I'd like to do is win some of Ben Stein's money

Comment

Working...
                      X