No announcement yet.

Multi-Lingual Heavy Champs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multi-Lingual Heavy Champs

- -We know Fat Andy is bilingual, so that got me to thinking of previous champs speaking other languages than English.

Working back, the Ks each spoke 4-5 languages, then presumably John Ruiz spoke Spanish. Ingo obviously spoke Swedish, Rocky Italian, Schmeling German, so about now I see a dead end.

Who did I miss?

Didn't Lennox Lewis speak French?

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
      Didn't Lennox Lewis speak French?
      - -He sometimes fought like he was French, and he could be quite sniffy like the French, but wasn't he of Jamaican parents born in London?

No history of French in that background , but they moved to canada and not much French there save in Quebec. If they settled there and he was still young enough, he'd prob pick up some French by sheer immersion.

Someone want to tweet him the question?

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
        - -He sometimes fought like he was French, and he could be quite sniffy like the French, but wasn't he of Jamaican parents born in London?

No history of French in that background , but they moved to canada and not much French there save in Quebec. If they settled there and he was still young enough, he'd prob pick up some French by sheer immersion.

Someone want to tweet him the question?
        Klitschkos, both of them, spoke in at least 4-5 languages. German, Russian, Ukrainian, English, and I believe one other.

Comment

Primo Carnera spoke Italian and English. So he and Rocky Marciano could've chosen what language to speak so that nobody else could know what they were saying.

Comment

Working...
          X