Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Thurman: Even 5 Years Ago - I Would Have Destroyed Pacquiao!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kidaguilar View Post
    Pacquiao was and is better than Thurman. You're squirrel brain needs to understand this. His only knockout in the past 20 years was against a fighter who he was beating. This is a 50/50 fight.
    Not quite accurate.
    Pac was KO'd by 3k in Sept 1999.

Sorry, the fight with JMM was pretty close before the KO.
    Pac was only ahead by a round .

Comment

Originally posted by Califire209 View Post
      Thurman has no choice but to be himself but that ****y attitude is going to backfire once he steps in the ring with Manny. Once Thurman gets hit with a solid counter shot he will be on his bike like Floyd Mayweather
      you just mad cause money beat your god u buster!

Comment

Originally posted by NachoMan View Post
        Why do Pac fans ALWAYS say this?!?

"JMM's KTFO of Manny shouldn't count because Manny was winning the fight and was coming on strong, JMM had a bloody lip..."

JMM put Pac to sleep before the fight was half over for crying out loud.
        I dont know about anybody else but i was at this fight at the MGM Grand about 5 rows back. Pacquaio had broken Marquez nose prior to the knockout and was starting to break him. Marquez landed a beautiful counter and the rest is history. But to tell you the truth Marquez was folding. The fight was the best I have ever attended but prior to the knockout a majority of us Chicanos were seeing it go Manny's way.

Comment

This is what I'm talking about with Keef!! He doesn't mind picking on guys he feels like he can beat. He wanted to jump on Danny Garcia as soon as he moved up from 140, he was all in Shawn Porter face talking sh** and now he's back at it with 40 year old Pac. Where is this bravado when Spence or Crawford comes around. Has Keith even approached Crawford??

Comment

Originally posted by kidaguilar View Post
            I dont know about anybody else but i was at this fight at the MGM Grand about 5 rows back. Pacquaio had broken Marquez nose prior to the knockout and was starting to break him. Marquez landed a beautiful counter and the rest is history. But to tell you the truth Marquez was folding. The fight was the best I have ever attended but prior to the knockout a majority of us Chicanos were seeing it go Manny's way.

Marquez is renowned for his legendary recuperation

plenty of other fighters had him wobbled/hurt, and they got KTFO, just like Pac

it is a HUGE call to say that Marquez would definitely have been stopped in that fight

also, he had already dropped Pacquiao earlier in the fight

the fight unfolded that way because Marquez chose to fight a more aggressive style..... he could have reverted back to defensive counter-punching like in the 3rd fight, at any point

you simply cannot say, or even insinuate, that Marquez would definitely have been stopped..... and I would not bet a dollar on that happening at that point

Marquez went through worse in the first round of his first fight with Pacquiao..... and Pacquiao did not win that fight either

Comment

“I was in the gym four weeks ago starting some preparations. I wanted to get the ball rolling and use the momentum from my last training camp for this opportunity. Who better to showcase my skills and talent against than Manny Pacquiao? He chose me because it will be a guaranteed action fight.

How about Spence or Crawford?

And you guys kinda chose each other to avoid Spence and prolong both of your careers lol

I bet this fight will end in a draw so they can have a rematch lol

Comment

I hate this dude with a passion

Comment

Originally posted by AdonisCreed View Post
                  “I was in the gym four weeks ago starting some preparations. I wanted to get the ball rolling and use the momentum from my last training camp for this opportunity. Who better to showcase my skills and talent against than Manny Pacquiao? He chose me because it will be a guaranteed action fight.

How about Spence or Crawford?

And you guys kinda chose each other to avoid Spence and prolong both of your careers lol

I bet this fight will end in a draw
                  so they can have a rematch lol

Comment

Thurman steps to his opponents level. He knows he needs to train hard. He needs to train even harder when he faces spence.

Comment

Originally posted by lion33lit View Post
                      I guess this is Thurmans way of keeping it real, or his way of being "honest." Either way Thurman would've been a big test for Pac in his prime, let alone now.
                      Well Thurman has to sell the fight. There is always the bad guy and then, there is PACQUIAO!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X