No announcement yet.

Prospect focus: Israil madrimov

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prospect focus: Israil madrimov

Okay gents, it may be a bit hit or miss timing wise, cos I got a few other things going on too, but I'm planning on a series of focus threads on hot prospects for the 2020s... thinking of maybe calling it 'Prospect Focus: 2020 vision' or some such bullchit to make it sound all epic..

Anyways when ever I get round to it I'll try to post a focus thread for some of tomorrows future stars, be whatever footage I can find, links etc. What I'm hoping is that other posters will join in with similar pieces about their own favourite prospects and ultimately we'll be able to link all the various threads into one master and maybe get it pinned on the front page. But I'm getting ahead of myself. One step at a time...

Gonna start with one of several hot Uzbek amateurs who have recently moved into the pro ranks, Israil Madrimov:

4 (4) - 0 - 0

https://boxrec.com/en/proboxer/851173

25 year old Israil Madrimov, out of Khiva, Uzbekistan was an amateur standout at national and continental level and saw action and success in the WSB going 5 - 1 against elite opposition but losing in the quarter finals at the 2017 World Championships to Troy Isley.

https://www.15rounds.com/israil-the-...rld-of-boxing/

Signing up with Ryabinsky's World of Boxing promotion straight outta the ams and linking with the Diaz brothers to pursue a US career, Madrimov debuted into the pro ranks on 24th November 2018 against Mexico's Vladimir Hernandez, punishing the limited but tenacious Hernandez in the early rounds though showing definite signs of fatgue later in the fight - a hangover from his ammy days I'm sure, though his energy management looks to have improved since. The 6th round stoppage may well have been premature, but as a debut opponent Hernandez was certainly no soft touch.

https://www.matchroomboxing.com/news...chroom-boxing/

Signing with Matchroom in March 2019 to continue his US career on DAZN Israil took on his softest touch to date Frank Rojas, flattening the Venezuelan over two rounds with the kinda KO you ain't sure the dudes gonna get up from (Rojas hasn't fought since).

Following up on that Israil fought durable but limited Mexican journeyman Norberto Gonzalez, making perhaps harder work of it than he should, but viviously closing the show in the 6th stanza:

In October last year Madrimov became only the second fighter - after Spence - to stop tough Mexican veteran Alejandro Barrera on the GGG - D'Chenko undercard, though more to save Barrera from further punishment than from some kinda highlight reel.

Overall stylistically he's a bit scrappy and he does get hit though maybe not quite as much as you'd think on a first viewing... His hands down style could probably use faster feet than he's actually got and whilst he does change stance to southpaw fairly often it's not really 100% whether he's as effective outta a lefty stance or whether he uses the ability to it's best effect tactically.

Anyways, Madrimov is back in action on the 29th against Charlie Navarro on the Garcia vs Vargas card and one has imagine that his KO run is likely to continue, but hopefully Matchroom will be looking at steering him towards a title shot at either 154 or MW within the next coupla years.. his opponents may not have been top class, but in boxing terms he's being pretty much fast tracked. Not sure he's quite ready for the elite at either weight yet, but I think a year or two's worth of seasoning could have him as ready as he's gonna get for the top guys in the division.
    Last edited by Citizen Koba; 02-19-2020, 04:51 AM.

Oh, and if any of you gents would like to put requests in for similar threads about your favourite prospects, I'm up for that too, though I'd honestly suggest you give it a shot yourselves. Also any feedback would be greatly appreciated... more ammy footage? less of the kinda pointless filler fights... more background info? Let me know what you'd like to see more or less of and I'll try to adjust future threads accordingly.

Comment

Madrimov is a beast, think he'd be a hard night's work for anybody at 154 right now

Comment

Had heard the name beforehand but only saw him for the first time on the GGG-Chenko card. Really liked what I saw. First thought seeing live footage was an eerie Golovkin resemblance.

Comment

I'm intending to try to keep these prospect focus threads updated with new fight footage and atricles as I find 'em, but I'd ask / encourage anyone else who digs up more info on one of these threads to post it here as well, cos I can see it getting to be hard work once I've got a half dozen or so of 'em going at once.

Comment

Excellent article about Israils youth and early days in boxing:

http://boxing-social.com/features/ex...mov-test-time/

“I’m a regular kid, from a poor family, who hadn’t seen anything and no one gave me a chance. But I’m dreaming big and working hard – I won’t settle for average. At the end of the day, if those guys holding the belts did it, why can’t I? And if I can, all those other kids all over the world can, too!

“I had three-hundred and thirty amateur fights with only fifteen or twenty losses. The most important part of my amateur career was my coach, Tulkin Kilichev. He told me everything [I needed to know], he taught me and played a huge part in my life and gave me a lot experience. I was participating in all types of championships and tournaments all over the world. I can’t say something special about any tournament [in particular], I’m happy with all of my victories and was humble with my losses.”
            “I would say that I’m always very confident in myself, my skills and my power. It doesn’t mean that I’m over confident and it doesn’t mean that I do not respect Jaime. I respect him a lot, he is the world champion, one of the best in my division, but that doesn’t mean that he’s unbeatable. Yes, he has twenty-five fights for example, but on the other hand, I have over three hundred amateur fights and six WSB fights against the best fighters in the world. I think we have pretty similar experience. Of course, he knows what is it to go twelve rounds and I don’t, but I’ve tried. I sparred three guys for fourteen rounds with only thirty seconds rest and I did well. Plus, I have a great corner, so I’m ready to take the risk.”
            The boy who collected wood in the dark for the family fire at home in Khiva was desparate to achieve. He’d secured the backing of boxing’s major players and grasped his opportunity with both hands, creating headlines and highlight reels. With power in both hands and confidence to burn, Madrimov seemed certain that boxing was in his blood. Only time will tell – and he seemed to fancy his chances, even fighting the clock.

“I only have one goal. There is no timeline for me, I only want to fight. I want to fight the best fights and the best opposition. I want to give people a great performance each time I step in the ring and – of course – I hope to get these title shots very soon.”

Comment

I'm a fan and yes, he definitely needs some seasoning

Comment

If i'm correct he has some gymnastics background, he's agile but strong at the same time, him doing push-ups

https://youtu.be/Rq6WQ46G8mU

Comment

Originally posted by Satir View Post
                  If i'm correct he has some gymnastics background, he's agile but strong at the same time, him doing push-ups

WoW
                  That was fughin impressive
                  Very difficult to do

Comment

Originally posted by Satir View Post

Lemme embed that for ya.

Comment

Working...
                    X