No announcement yet.

Body Fat Percentage

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body Fat Percentage

Im thinking about purchasing one of those bodyfat percentage scales..What is an ideal body fat percentage for a welterweight, or any weight class for that matter? And what does body fat percentage really mean in the end? Thanks, ahead of time.

hhahah the last time i checked, my body fat was like 6 percent.

Comment

Originally posted by pAnIcPuNch
      hhahah the last time i checked, my body fat was like 6 percent.
      Not in that picture, it isn't. That is over 10%.

To answer the topic question, most scales that measure bodyfat are very inaccurate (maybe that is panicpunch's problem?).

The easy answer to the second question is, as low as possible. However, it all depends on your bodytype, and you as an individual. I'd say as low as you're still strong, and generally comfortable. For most people, getting below 10 can be pretty hard. Below 5-6, I wouldn't recommend. Most people can't even get that low anyway, even if they think they're that low. Again Panicpunch is a good example.

Comment

Originally posted by PunchDrunk
        Not in that picture, it isn't. That is over 10%.

To answer the topic question, most scales that measure bodyfat are very inaccurate (maybe that is panicpunch's problem?).

The easy answer to the second question is, as low as possible. However, it all depends on your bodytype, and you as an individual. I'd say as low as you're still strong, and generally comfortable. For most people, getting below 10 can be pretty hard. Below 5-6, I wouldn't recommend. Most people can't even get that low anyway, even if they think they're that low. Again Panicpunch is a good example.
        Why do you believe he is not that body fat percentage?

Comment

Originally posted by eXig3
          Why do you believe he is not that body fat percentage?
          I'm judging it by his picture. 6% is VERY low, and his arm is no where near that cut. Furthermore, he's not that muscular, so that just makes his fat% that much higher.

Comment

haha, that **** is funny

Comment

Ditto: Punchdrunk, tis all true.

Comment

This is my first post. Right before the 2004 National Golden Gloves I was 3.9%. But that was too damn low. I didn't feel all that well. Need a little more fat to burn. 6-10% feels good. It's hard sometimes to mix your training with nutrition. Sometimes they are off balance and your either too high or too low. And on top of that you have to make weight, and I like to be 165 even.

Comment

Originally posted by Journeyman
                  Im thinking about purchasing one of those bodyfat percentage scales..What is an ideal body fat percentage for a welterweight, or any weight class for that matter? And what does body fat percentage really mean in the end? Thanks, ahead of time.
                  Bodyfat scales are worthless unless you buy the one that can take into consideration muscle mass. the majority of them just take your height and weight then just throw a % out at you, if your carrying a good amount of muscle dont get one.

Comment

As a general rule anywhere in the low teens to high single figures is ok, but ur better off getting the measurements done professionally in a bodystat test that tells u levels of lean muscle, fat, water etc in ur overall mass.

Comment

Working...
                    X