Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does a Marquez win do for Mexican boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does a Marquez win do for Mexican boxing?

& where does it place Marquez?
    Marquez, do to sorry business mistakes and promotional troubles doesn't have the most spectacular record. Where does a win against Mayweather place him amongst the Mexican greats and what does it do for Mexican boxing.
    Discuss..

For starters, it might help people forget about the Margarito disaster.

Comment

more legendary

Comment

it will label him as 'the next JCC'.

Comment

Well, this fight will be broadcast on national tv so it would do a lot to bring the sport back into the mainstream. It may be the single greatest win in mexican boxing history considering marquez will be moving up two divisions to face an undefeated former p4p no 1. Every loss on Marquez's record is debatable and he could arguably be undefeated at this moment so a win could propel him as one of the greats in Mexican boxing, I think it's still too early to determine exactly where I'd place him though... he and pac have fought two close fights and I like many people had him edging out pac in their last fight... the outcome in a possible third fight could ultimately determine where he's placed on an ATG list.

Comment

Brings him closer to JCC echelon IMO.

Comment

Nothing!!!! What can it do after a loss??

Comment

like barrera at hamed fight

Comment

Doesn't do anything for Mexican boxing. That would be like saying that Derek Jeter has done a lot for American baseball. Mexican boxing doesn't need any help. the fact that people think Mexican boxing is on the decline makes me laugh.

What it will do is elevate Marquez to one of the greatest fighters ever IMO. I just don't see anyway he can win this fight to be honest. If the upset does happen, it will be one of the biggest upsets ever IMO.

Comment

I'm been around plenty of mexicans from jobs I worked (mexicans that are actually born there and came over to the US for only a short amount of time).

Every Mexican I talked to never cared about boxing, I bought up Chavez and a slew of others and none showed interest (and trust me I work with PLENTY of mexicans)

They really only know of Chavez and De La Hoya and they say Soccer is the dominant sport and Lucha Libre is co dominant for the younger crowd.

Now this is just MY experience with them so maybe others have found actual fans but I never really found one unless they were mexican american

Comment

Working...
                    X