No announcement yet.

Beginner Boxing Diet

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beginner Boxing Diet

Hey guys whats up. My name is Brandon, I am 16 and I am just starting to get into boxing. I am starting to go to a gym in 2 weeks but I want to start preparing now. So far I am running about 1.5 miles a day, and I lift about 3 times a week. My biggest problem is my diet. I am 5.9" and weight about 168 lbs. I am trying to get down to 156 about. So far my newly planned diet looks like this.

7 AM- Oatmeal

10:30 AM- Bananna

12 PM- Cottage Cheese and Yogurt for lunch

4 15 PM- 40 G Protein Shake (Lean Body Chocolate)

7 PM- Can of Tuna Fish

10 PM- Protein Bar right before bed

Can i please have some feedback on this? Is it good for losing body fat and gaining muscle at the same time? As well as losing some weight? Thanks alot.

Anyone??????

Comment

It's good to have a lot of healthy snacks througout the day but I'd say if you want to make this last you'll have to stick a real meal in there somewhere at lunch or dinner (chicken or steak or something)

my opinion

Comment

Dont even go on a diet when you are starting out.....

Unless you are fat and out of shape, you should be fine.

Comment

yes i know. but i am trying to do all that i can and to be the best i can be i will need to eat the best i possibly can.
          Anyone else have comments on my diet plan?

Comment

Have a bigger breakfast, my breakfast is almost like a dinner. along with speedkillz he also likes to feast in the morning. Its good because it gives you fuel for the rest of the day.
            Your lunch is kind of pathetic, add in like a chicken breast or somethin like that

Comment

kayo above me is totally right dude. breakfast should be the biggest meal of the day IMO. and ur other meals look like theres jus not enough in there. dont starve urself ur still young, throw in some real food in there and jus train hard, ur body will take u to where it needs to be.

Comment

No doubt guys. Ill add a few slices of meat to my lunch and Ill also put in some eggs during breakfast. Does taht sound good?

Comment

whoa.....

dude, a calorie intake like that and you will pass out from exhaustion. and you need some more protein there not from shakes.

IMO you should be more concerned about nutrition right now than weight. Make sure you are getting proper nutrition from whole food sources first. Then add supplements as needed. Don't use supplements as a replacement for a good diet, use them as a supplement to a good diet as they are intended.

you will lose weight, no doubt about that. ask anyone on this board and they probly have the same story, getting a lot skinnier when they first started training.

Like I said (which is just an opinion) you should focus on getting proper nutrition from food, and eating 5 times daily.

Here is a good article i have posted here a dozen times, but the author knows his stuff and it is easy to follow.

http://www.johnberardi.com/articles/...on/7habits.htm

Many people struggle with weight but it mostly because of incomplete dietary needs that they have issues. Once you get set knowing what your body needs as its dietary intake to be able to function optimally then you can just adjust your caloric intake to adjust body weight.

Comment

from your post it sounds like we are about the same size. If your diet is solid you can completely control your weight. I have weighed in a range from 138 - 175 over the past few years. bulking to 175 for a bit of a beach body when i couldnt compete for awhuile, then competing at 138, 145, 150, and 155 on several occasions in grappling events.

138 was tough but i dieted fine down to 143 then cut. my point is my diet is sound. all i do is make adjustments to my caloric intake, and slight nutritional supplements so when trimming down i dont sacrifice nutrition.

Focus on nutrition and the rest will follow.

Comment

Working...
                    X