Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who was the most impressive up-and-coming heavyweight in 2012?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poll result indicates it's David Price.

I was expecting Kubrat Pulev to have more votes, he became the first to stop Dimitrenko and he also stopped Sprott and the undefeated Ustinov.
    Last edited by The Hammer; 01-06-2013, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
      Poll result indicates it's David Price or Kubrat Pulev.

Pulev became the first to stop Dimitrenko and he also stopped Sprott and the undefeated Ustinov.
      David Price is stupidly overrated; he's done nothing at HW yet.

Pulev looks good, but I think he's too small/slow to trouble Wlad.

Comment

David Price is the best of the bunch.

Comment

David Haye: "David Price has Klitschko qualities"

http://www.espn.co.uk/boxing/sport/s...ml?CMP=OTC-RSS

British heavyweight David Price draws parallels with the division's megastars, the Klitschko brothers, according to compatriot David Haye.

Haye lost to Wladimir Klitschko in a world title unification fight in 2011 and is currently courting his older brother Vitali for a career swansong later in 2013.

While the 32-year-old Londoner has made it clear that he is not interested in fighting Price or fellow Brit Tyson Fury before he retires, he has offered his support to the former.

Price had a stellar 2012, winning all four of his bouts by knockout, and will be back in the ring on February 23 to fight American Tony Thompson in his home town of Liverpool.

But Haye believes it will not be long before the 29-year-old Price will be challenging for a world title, saying it could happen in the next two years.

"I sparred with David Price since he was an amateur... he's got all the tools that a Klitschko has," Haye told Sky Sports News.

"He ticks all the boxes. With the right guidance within the next two years he should be knocking on the door. I'll be long retired by then with my pipe and slippers."

Comment

Idc if its an American or a bad @$$ European but I pray for the day the Heavyweight division gets back to being relevant again. Its relevant ofcourse but the HW's used to run the show. The smaller guys run it now. Nothing against them either but I'm just saying, Boxing as a sport is better when there's exciting HW's kicking @$$.

Comment

I think way more people know about Price than they do Pulev. They'll know his name when he fights Adamek, though.

Comment

Three of the people in the poll will be fighting on Feb 23, there's a lot of heavyweight fights on that day.

Comment

Hard not to look much beyond Liverpool, Manchester and Sofia.....

Price, Fury and Pulev would seem to be in the box seats and people like Povetkin and Aerrola really need to get cracking unless they want to be left in the slipstream and forced to become challengers all over again.

Povetkin is a massive disappointment for me.....when Teddy Atlas wants to work with you then you owe it to yourself to give a **** and try your best.

Wilder is the enigma and 'wild' card; he could breakthrough this year and show that his power and speed is too hot for handle for anyone in the Top 20

Alternatively, he could get badly burned when he tries to step-up or will just spend another season knocking over club fighters like Mike Greer.

Comment

I must say however, this new generation of heavyweights are in much better shape than the previous one, guys like Jennings, Price, Wilder, and even Fury now come in the ring in pretty good shape.

Comment

David Price was the leader in this poll, yet now many people are saying he's no good.

How fickle fans can be.

Comment

Working...
                      X