No announcement yet.

Ruslan Chagaev vs. Mike Perez Dec 1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ruslan Chagaev vs. Mike Perez Dec 1

European websites are reporting that Ruslan Chagaev is set to take on a high-risk opponent in Germany on Dec 1 in Mike Perez.

http://www.figosport.de/profiboxen/2...ike-perez.html
    Ruslan Chagaev
    11.76%
    Mike Perez
    88.24%

The poll is expired.

Silly fight for Chagaev to take.

He was offered Fury who would be more exposure and possibly an easier fight but said he "wasn't ready" or something to that effect, then he signs to fight Perez whos very talented but unknown

makes no sense

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post

He was offered Fury who would be more exposure and possibly an easier fight but said he "wasn't ready" or something to that effect, then he signs to fight Perez whos very talented but unknown

makes no sense
      It makes no sense. Perez is high risk, low reward.

Comment

Good fight, Chagaev will never be as good as he once was, but he hits hard and takes a good shot, Perez likes to brawl so I expect to see both land some powerful shots.

Leaning towards Perez but should be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post

makes no sense
          I agree that this is a risky fight for Chagaev (in fact, it's a risky fight for both of them). But Fury would be just as big a risk as Perez. Not because Fury is as talented as Perez, but because he is 10 inches taller than Chagaev. His punches would be as much vertical as horizontal if he wanted to hit him.

I'm looking foward to this fight. Is it fact or rumour?

Edit: Boxrec says the fight is on.
          Last edited by White_Knight; 10-26-2012, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Perez-Chagaev is now on the schedule of Sat1 TV, and it's been confirmed in the German and Russian media.

I think this fight will be the last we'll see of Chagaev as a contender.

He's no longer a top HW because of poor management which has left him inactive for long periods, and because of his Hep B and being overweight.

Comment

Meh, Chagaev is going nowhere, anyway.

Perez takes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                It makes no sense. Perez is high risk, low reward.
                Chagaev can't get a license in many countries. The fury fight would of had to been in England & I'm not sure he can get one there from his hep antigen fiasco a few years back. He hasn't fought outside Germany in a long time. Switzerland revoked him

Comment

Perez can win this one.

Comment

This is probably one of the best heavyweight matchups I've seen outside of a title fight for a while, imo. I really llike the prospect of Mike Perez so its nice to see him take on a genuine test. I'll be trying to watch this one!

Comment

Working...
                    X