Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Physicists may have evidence universe is a computer simulation!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spyvsspy View Post
    What if we are just a dream and one day the universe will end because the dreamer woke up
    this here got me thinking ^^^

so are natural disasters computer viruses?
    Last edited by -jose-; 10-15-2012, 05:12 PM.

Comment

well, if those "physicists" could prove it, that would be epic...

but its very un-elegant if you ask me... being reduced to zeroes and ones...

Comment

I've always thought Bacon was too good to be true, It must be part of a computer simulation and therefore so must we.
        Last edited by Alonzo Harris; 10-15-2012, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger08 View Post
          I've always thought Bacon was too good to be true, It must be part of a computer simulation and therefore so must we.
          Bacon taste too good to be a simulation, Bacon is real bro!

Comment

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
            Bacon taste too good to be a simulation, Bacon is real bro!
            something as amazing as Bacon comes from something that rolls around in it's own crap all day... Sureeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger08 View Post
              something as amazing as Bacon comes from something that rolls around in it's own crap all day... Sureeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
              I wish I could say that bothers me...but it truly doesn't...long live bacon!

Comment

I'm sure they're using a "computer simulation" as an analogy and not literally.

Along the same lines:

I've listened to a few Lawrence Krauss lectures and I recall him saying there's a popular hypothesis that entails: When matter goes over the event horizon of a black hole it doesn't just disappear, but rather gets 'embedded' as information in the fabric of space-time itself. The bottom of the black hole is the 'projection' of this information -- what we call 'reality'.

Comment

Originally posted by deliveryman View Post
                  I'm sure they're using a "computer simulation" as an analogy and not literally.

Along the same lines:

I've listened to a few Lawrence Krauss lectures and I recall him saying there's a popular hypothesis that entails: When matter goes over the event horizon of a black hole it doesn't just disappear, but rather gets 'embedded' as information in the fabric of space-time itself. The bottom of the black hole is the 'projection' of this information -- what we call 'reality'.
                  That's profound but very difficult to prove unlike the hawking's radiation.

Comment

a character in a video game or simulation isn't aware and can not control its own functions, also other characters in the game that aren't controlled can't go beyond what they're programmed to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Sin City View Post
                      a character in a video game or simulation isn't aware and can not control its own functions, also other characters in the game that aren't controlled can't go beyond what they're programmed to do.
                      Not that I agree with the hypothesis, but Im pretty sure theyre talking about a much deeper programming than your average ps3 video game.

Comment

Working...
                      X