No announcement yet.

THE ONE WE MISSED: Trinidad vs Quartey at 147 prime for prime

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THE ONE WE MISSED: Trinidad vs Quartey at 147 prime for prime

This is a nard fight to choose...Both could be dropped but were hardly stopped(Felix by the much larger Hopkins)...Both could be hit and the edge in power goes to trinidad, the edge in defense goes to QuArtey slightly.....I see it being a long drag out affair considering both had great recovery skills and heart....I think Quartey would win more rounds based on his jab and right hand and Tito would come on as the rounds go by as he often got better as the fight wore on.....I take Quartey in a close one....a trilogy would have been a back and forth treat
    Quartey Decision
    36.11%
    Quartey TKO/KO
    2.78%
    Trinidad Decision
    16.67%
    Trinidad TKO/KO
    44.44%

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
    This is a nard fight to choose...Both could be dropped but were hardly stopped(Felix by the much larger Hopkins)...Both could be hit and the edge in power goes to trinidad, the edge in defense goes to QuArtey slightly.....I see it being a long drag out affair considering both had great recovery skills and heart....I think Quartey would win more rounds based on his jab and right hand and Tito would come on as the rounds go by as he often got better as the fight wore on.....I take Quartey in a close one....a trilogy would have been a back and forth treat

cool story bro

Comment

That's a hard fight to pick. Both powerful punchers with good recovery. IT's a close fight but I pick Quartey because of the power jab.

Comment

I am sure Trinidad wins by KO. He KOed Vargas who beat Quartey and he KOed Joppy for the middleweight tittle and he was great as a junior middleweight champ.He had 15 successful tittle defenses with 12 KOs. at 147. Quartey was welterweight champ for a short time and never won a tittle above 147. Trinidad had a much better record and I'm surprised he lost this poll.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
          The first four rounds would be about even, then Quartey would dominate him to a decision, depending on the Trinidad that shows up, maybe even a late stoppage.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
            I am sure Trinidad wins by KO. He KOed Vargas who beat Quartey and he KOed Joppy for the middleweight tittle and he was great as a junior middleweight champ.He had 15 successful tittle defenses with 12 KOs. at 147. Quartey was welterweight champ for a short time and never won a tittle above 147. Trinidad had a much better record and I'm surprised he lost this poll.
            The Ike Quartey that fougt at 147 lbs was a beast, just watch the De la Hoya fight, he just wasn't the same after moving up to 147 IMO. I also suspect that the De La Hoya fight might have broken his spirit as well because he just didn't seem to have the same focus after that.

Comment

I saw the Quartey Oscar fight and thought Quartey might have deserved the win. He was a very good fighter, I just think Trinidad was better but Quartey in his prime was a great welterweight.

Comment

Tito would have broke his ass down and koed him mid to late rounds.

Comment

Quartey by decision, he could also hurt Trinidad.

Comment

Does anyone know why the fight was never made?

Comment

Working...
                    X